I hate my MIL...

Thanks to her I called in sick... I haven't taken a sick day off in months... I could scream on top of my lungs... She left, calling me a few bird names on the way out. What a bitch... I'm sick of her... I want her in my baby's life but she can't ever stand her...
She said I'm gonna be an awful mother, My DH's gonna leave me because I'm gonna get the size of a whale... My baby's not his...
Dude get over it I got pregnant (FROM HIM) I married your son, He loves me, I love him, been together for going on 3 years soon (in a relationship) I've been in your house god knows how many times until I got preggers you were fine with me... GET OVER IT dumb bitch been 3 months I got pregnant.. Ugh

SamJ321

Asked by SamJ321 at 3:44 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• why on earth would you want this woman around your precious baby? RUN RUN RUN!!!! Good luck to you honey, my MIL destroyed my first marriage...
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 3:50 PM on May. 29, 2011

• my so's mom is the same way, its horrible. i hate her and i dont hate anyone. just try to hang in there and try to keep your distance from her if possible...
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 3:56 PM on May. 29, 2011

• If she is treating you that way. I wouldnt let her around the baby. Who knows how she will treat your little one. Your DH needs to stand up for you
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:36 PM on May. 29, 2011

• he's gone to basic training... I'm all alone...
    SamJ321

Comment by SamJ321 (original poster) at 4:37 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Has she always been like this? Maybe she's stressed that her DS is at Basic. I wouldn't be worried about how she'd treat the baby, more about what she might say to the baby. Can y'all see a counselor? Unfortunately, you're stuck with her. And talking to DH might be an option, but you don't want to stress him out, either
    MedicMommy

Answer by MedicMommy at 4:54 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Wow- I would tell her to stay away from me until she can talk to me like a normal person and not some psycho. You don't have to put up with people that call you names or put you down. Just shut her out. If she makes an effort to be better, then you can allow her to be around you and around the baby when s/he comes, but if she doesn't, I wouldn't. Good luck, Momma!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 5:40 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Sorry I've been there just let it roll of your back and kill her with kindness. If he loves you he wont leave you so don't worry bout that. My hubbys mom tried this shit in the end she pushed him away and I'm here and he doesn't talk to her. So it all worked out ok and she is welcome back any time as long as she realizes no matter what she says he married me.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:45 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I would tell her to stay away from you, my MIL is just as bad and that's how we try to handle it
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 6:29 PM on May. 29, 2011

• My MIL won't even acknowledge my kids or her son. So horrible
    vntNyll

Answer by vntNyll at 7:11 PM on May. 29, 2011

• You don't live w/ her, right? Can you just avoid her completely?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:14 PM on May. 29, 2011