Omg leave me alone please!!!!

I've about had it with people trying to drag me out of the house. My husband keeps making plans and trying to drag me along. And now I'm expected to be at the christmas party for managers on the 19th. Omg I don't want to go. I don't work there!!! Lol. Do people think I'm just being modest when I say I don't want to go somewhere? How can I politely turn down all of these invites without looking like a complete bitch? Or should I suck it up and go with him? He's been bugging me all night about how he'll pay for a new hairdo and outfit and stuff, how the baby is allowed to come and that they'll provide a place to nurse... but I would really rather just stay home with my baby..

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 4:15 AM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I wish I had a christmas party to go to. Seriously, it is up to you, of course, but I would go have a little fun. You know how it's the times you really don't wanna do something that you have the most fun??? Take the chance. The worst that'll happen is it will suck then you can just go home anyway. Plus, hubby sounds so sweet about it ;)
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 6:26 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Oh hun I would go even if you didnt want to just for the makeover lol!

Will other employees be bringing their families as well? Maybe hubby just wanted some company to the party and would love to show off his family!
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 4:19 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• OMG MARYLE!!!!! Just go! Tis' the season all of that stuff, he obviously wants you to go so you should feel happy. I am spending the holidays alone although I live right next door to my brother and his g/f. I am actually looking for somewhere to go to show my son a good time. I say go and let that be the beginning of a family tradition, his co-workers may want to meet you and his baby.
    Just go girl and get your dress and hair done (if you want to) I personally don't want people touching my hair lol.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 4:24 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• yeah... I guess you guys are right. I'm just stuck on myself and my baby. I just want to stay home all day and play with him. I get my hair done every once in awhile. So far I've had only good experiences. Lol.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 4:28 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Don't get stuck in a rut girl! Go show off yourself and your baby!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 4:35 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Uh if you could see me you wouldn't be saying that. LOL
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 4:43 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• OMGGGG!!! I WISH SOMEONE WOULD INVITE ME TO A PARTY!!!! We need to switch places!!!!
    moore_me03

Answer by moore_me03 at 5:00 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I take it you have a young baby and are ashamed of the baby weight and how tired a new mom can look(been there and done that x3) Show yourself off and your precious baby!! Take DH up on the pampering, you deserve it.
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 5:01 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Lol I'd be happy to give you to my husband for the party moore me!!

And yeah WAganma. I had my son almost a month ago I think I look like a train wreck. Here I am two weeks after having him.... OMG!

Photobucket

I don't see how getting my hair done or a new outfit will help. LOL
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 5:08 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Go Go go! You are a new momma and let me tell you that as a professional *ha ha ha ha* of 3 and from someone in her early 30s, do it. In 10 years and perhaps 1 or 2 kids later you might regret it.
    upintrees

Answer by upintrees at 5:11 AM on Dec. 9, 2008