Can you or have you gone indoor tanning while pregnant?

CaityMarie

Asked by CaityMarie at 3:50 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I used to own a tanning salon -- and I wouln't even allow someone that was obviously pregnant- tan in my salon -- unless it was SPRAY tan only. You shouldn't do that.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 4:01 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Using tanning beds is DANGEROUS whether pregnant or not. You can harm your baby.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:04 PM on May. 29, 2011

• i think i have when i was in my early stage like 2 or 3 weeks .. but i didnt have time to go after a month pregs
    Luckyme3487

Answer by Luckyme3487 at 4:06 PM on May. 29, 2011

• i used a tanning bed every other day while i was pregnant. i just made sure i used an spf 15 so that my skin doesn't end up wrinkled. there's no difference between going in a tanning bed and lying out in the sun. every other day x 9 months equals tanning 135 times while pregnant and my daughter and i are in perfect health. i still tan and use the spf 15..............one side note, your skin will shrink significantly after you deliver (as it does with all women who deliver) that will make your tummy appear 10x darker than the rest of your body for a while, but you won't be showing off your tummy that soon anyway and it will fade.........also i'll be starting medical school in the fall, i'm not an idiot, i know what i'm talking about and what "fact" is
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 4:20 PM on May. 29, 2011

• No I haven't, and I would not. That's just dumb, sorry.

momofone ,"starting" medical school is not the same thing as being a medical professional.
    Anonymous

• there's somewhere you can do it too less harmful... Outside... But I wouldn't do it personally
    SamJ321

Answer by SamJ321 at 4:34 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I don't think that it's a good idea to tan unless it be done the natural outdoor way!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 4:52 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I didn't, but was told by my OB with my first that you could tan in a tanning bed just as long as you didn't let yourself get too hot. I didn't want to chance it. Talk to your OB about it.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 5:13 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I had a friend who tanned the whole entire time and both her and baby were perfectly healthy. Personally I will not chance it and I love to tan. Outdoor tanning is the only way for me through my pregnancy.
    1Mady

Answer by 1Mady at 12:23 AM on May. 30, 2011

• If the sun is already bad, do you actually think that fake sun is better? Tanning is bad all around, pregnant or not.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 2:22 AM on May. 30, 2011