Have you ever had an email acct. become so bogged down.....

with spam, crap, ads, etc that you just abandoned it and started over with a new one?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 3:54 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Technology

• Yup! lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:57 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Yes. I just had to do this after the whole Epsilon mess when the junk just started pouring in.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:05 PM on May. 29, 2011

• yesss all my old AOL accounts from when i was a teenager... it just wasn't worth blocking all the spam because there was too many different things emailing me! now i delete everything as soon as I'm done with it, and I unsubscribe to everything RIGHT AWAY when i dont want it coming. i also never put my real email in any websites aside from facebook. lol when i put my email in online forms i put "dontemailme@poop.com" and it always goes through XD (except for sites where you have to verify with email, thats different haha)
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 4:12 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Yes. And I have one that I have had since 1993 that I barely use for this reason. I just don't want to give it up because it was my first one. I try and go in and unsubscribe to things a couple of times a month. Spam comes even with a spam filter. Frankly I'm really tired of people thinking I'm interested in horny housewives or wanting me to enlarge my penis. I've gotten mad lately with the seniors dating too. I'm only in my 40s and a woman.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 4:56 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Yes! I've only had one or two like that though. The one I use every day has over 10,000 emails in it right now, but it's just because I've been too lazy to clean it out! lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 5:41 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I have a few different email accounts. There is one that I use for many things, knowing that it will get junk mail. It has over 100 emails in the junk box every day.

I am mad because I started getting junk mail the other day in my main account and I have never gotten junk mail there before. I went in and blocked each of the server/email addresses so I hope that helps...

SPAM SUCKS!!
    OctMommyof3

Answer by OctMommyof3 at 12:26 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Yes, but I'm trying not to do that with this one. I have 2 yahoo emails and I sat down the other day and unsubscribed from about a million newsletters. Hopefully that will help.
    Vix920

Answer by Vix920 at 10:03 AM on May. 31, 2011

• nope just deleted everything out that didn't have any imprtance
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 6:25 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• no i delte and mark as spam on anything thats not needed or wanted
    ilovemyboys84

Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 11:00 PM on Jul. 28, 2011