Question for moms with 2+ children?

Just found out I'm pregnant again, this will be my 3rd. I have a 4 year old and a 21 month old. I'm really scared. We were planning ton try in September but God had his own plans. Now I feel totally thrown off as this was really unexpected when I found out. Is three much harder than 2?! Thanks!

Also, I feel terrible that I feel is way. I adore being a mom and really wanted more and now I'm struggling. Of course I would never want a miscarriage but I feel guilty for not being excited right now. My 21 month old just stopped nursing the day I found out and she still is my baby :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i have 3, and honestly it's not much different than having 2. your hands are already full so it's like "what's one more" ya know? atleast yours are spaced a little better than mine, mine are 4, 2 and 1 and all girls. i had 3 babies within 39 months. yikes! i think your feelings of not being excited yet are also normal, the realization of having another child can be a shock sometimes. i was never truly "excited" about my 3rd daughter until i held her in my arms, and then she just fit into the family like a puzzle piece.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:02 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Happened to us, too... we had a 5 yr old & 6 month old, both girls. Wanted to try once more for a boy, in three yrs, not wanting to wait another five years. But I loved that the oldest went to school & I had mommy time with 2nd dd.
    My 3rd child is 19 months younger, then our 2nd.
    I cried, and cried. I did not want another baby yet.
    It was though, two in diapers. I stayed home & didn't go out much. It was a challenage two car seats, ect..
    But we got our little boy, who just turned 11.
    When we did got out people thought they were twins.
    It'll be fine, you'll love them all the same...
    Good luck & congratulations.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 4:09 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I did not find three kids much harder than two, it just requires a little more organization. I intended to have 2 children and 3 was a surprise, but she has been a wonderful child, very intelligent and independent. You will be fine. I always got a little scared before each of them arrived, but believe me, it will be just fine.
    blackisbetter

Answer by blackisbetter at 4:19 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I only have 2 but let me tell you... I was not happy being pregnant with my second son. The timing wasn't right, I didn't feel ready for 2 just yet, I didn't think I would be able to handle them etc etc and I, like you, felt guilty about these feelings.
    I stressed about what I thought was going to happen my entire pregnancy and you know what? It was fine! It worked out better than I ever could have imagined! So try not to worry so much about the future, or you won't be able to enjoy your pregnancy
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 4:30 PM on May. 29, 2011

• It was easier for me to go from 2 to 3, than from 1 to 2. Mine are closer in age too.
    Anonymous

• It will be fine. Years ago I had 3 and was married to a man with custody of his 2. I was actually a lot more organized then. We divorced and I remarried. Surprise, I got another one. Except she is 12 years younger than the next one up. I was excited with all of them.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 4:46 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I feel once you've mastered 2, anything else is just an extra body. I have 4 kids and the noise is really the only difference I notice. Wouldn't change a thing though, the kids will have fun with each other and help keep each other occupied.
    momofour09

Answer by momofour09 at 10:41 PM on May. 29, 2011

• It is different for everyone. For me my kids are 13, 7 and 3 - so it is hard to plan activies that include all of them. The oldest two can do so much more than the youngest one. I also have 3 that fight with each other instead of 2....

I think you will be just fine. Once the new addition is here and you get into your new routine, things will go great!!
    OctMommyof3

Answer by OctMommyof3 at 12:24 AM on May. 30, 2011