Permanent teeth behind baby teeth?

My DD is almost 5 1/2 years old. She has a front lower permanent tooth come in before her baby tooth even got loose. I read on the net that it is normal and not to worry unless the baby tooth doesn't fall out. I will call dentist Tuesday, but until then...

My question is this, have any of you had to deal with this and if so how long before the baby tooth came out?

nova.mommy

Asked by nova.mommy at 3:58 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Kids' Health

• USUALLY gravity and natural force will push the baby tooth out in due time. (whole apples and lots of raw carrots can help the wiggling process begin!!!) in some cases though if the adult tooth is getting big and there's minimal progress on the baby one, they're pull the baby out. your dentist may want to do it right away instead of waiting, depending on how the situation is.

my son has lost 2 baby teeth so far and both times the adult ones came in first. I was also scared and hit up the web and cafe mom for help. :)
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:02 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Me too. DH and I don't remember anything like this happening to us.
    nova.mommy

Comment by nova.mommy (original poster) at 4:04 PM on May. 29, 2011

• My son had this happen. The baby tooth was there for a couple weeks, then finally fell out (with a little help from me).
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:22 PM on May. 29, 2011

• My niece has a tooth like this. The dentist says most likely it will come out in a few weeks on its on.
    momkaribg

Answer by momkaribg at 6:12 PM on May. 29, 2011

• That happened to my son. He had to have 4 teeth pulled to make room for the 2 that were in. (the baby teeth were not loose at all) Poor kid has my teeth. I had to have adult teeth pulled because all my teeth wouldn't have room. He will nheed braces but the orthodontist says he's about 2 years behind. (he was almost 7 when he had the teeth pulled and those were the first ones to come out)
    Shell89

Answer by Shell89 at 6:26 PM on May. 29, 2011

• My granddaughter had the same thing, and she had to have almost all her baby teeth pulled by a dentist. He said it's fairly common in petite people, but we'd never had a petite person in this family before her, lol. As soon as I saw them coming through, I took her in and he pulled them, so she never had to have braces.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 8:13 PM on May. 29, 2011

• i had that happen to me and the dentist had to pull the baby teeth out.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 9:04 PM on May. 29, 2011

• My son had to have 8 teeth pulled to make room for his permanent teeth. He needs braces because of all the crooked teeth from not having room for them to come in correctly.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:46 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Never had to deal with it, sorry.
    aj23

Answer by aj23 at 1:21 AM on May. 30, 2011

• My son has a tooth coming in behind his baby tooth, he is 8. His tooth is finally getting loose enough to come out.
    othermom

Answer by othermom at 10:20 AM on May. 30, 2011