I am registering at Amazon for my baby

What are must have actual NEEDED items that I should add?
Some items I already have from shopping at garage sales but since this is my first baby I feel like when ever I look at my list I am missing needed items.

I already have a tub, an infant bouncer (the ones the lay in) and some clothing/toys.

For the Amazon list I have clothing, socks, onesies, booties, the mittens for the newborn, a grooming kit, receiving blankets, wash cloths, towels, Diapers for newborns on up (different brands so they can chose on price, I did this with other items too), bibs and a couple of other toys. I also added some bottles and a basket to put in the dishwasher to clean them with (I plan on breast feeding and pumping), and a cover for myself for breastfeeding.

.... What else should I add??

Gnomeofmyheart

Asked by Gnomeofmyheart at 4:00 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I really loved the Carters gowns for my kids. They have an elastic bottom that makes diaper changes in the middle of the night so much faster and easier. You're done faster and the baby goes back to sleep more easily.  http://www.amazon.com/Carters-Stripe-Animal-Print-Months/dp/B003V5F1J6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1306699466&sr=8-1

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:04 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Oh thank you! I never would have thought of that all the clothing I have are the ones you have to snap. Thanks :)
    Gnomeofmyheart

Comment by Gnomeofmyheart (original poster) at 4:06 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Graco Pack & Play, Chicco Travel System that includes the stroller, infant car seat & base to hold it in the car, Fabric Diapers to use as burp cloths & many other uses, Swing, LOTS of waterproof pads, Bedding for the crib, Exergen Temporal Thermometer that scans temperature across the forehead, Wipes, high chair, diaper bag, brush to clean the bottles. Also, I highly recommend the "HiSense BabySense V Baby Safe Infant Movement Monitor" for the crib & bassinett/pack & play. Check it out on Amazon. It is the BEST item I bought for my Baby & I will be using t again shortly for my new baby as well. Works GREAT!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:10 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Another thing I loved were wearable blankets, which are totally safe. Halo makes great ones for summer that are sleveless and I used ones with sleeves during the winter. They were similar to this: http://www.amazon.com/Just-One-Year-SleepbagsPoka-Dot/dp/B003H3IU9K/ref=sr_1_13?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1306699788&sr=1-13

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:11 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I lovemyPaulie, that looks like a newer version of the Angelcare monitor I bought when my oldest was a baby. That thing was AWESOME!! I never had to worry if my son would stop breathing and I wouldn't know about it. That's one of the best inventions for babies!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:17 PM on May. 29, 2011

• @JulieJacobKyle and ILovemyPaulie Thank you so much for those suggestions! They have both been a big help, and I hadn't heard of that monitor before but I will definitely be adding that :-D
    Gnomeofmyheart

Comment by Gnomeofmyheart (original poster) at 4:21 PM on May. 29, 2011

• One more thing that was an absolute lifesaver with my second baby was a white noise machine. Good ones are pricey though and you don't know if you'll need one, so you might want to hold off until the baby is born.  My first was fine, but my second was such a light sleeper!  I had this one: http://www.amazon.com/Marpac-SleepMate-980A-Electro-Mechanical-Conditioner/dp/B000KUHFGM/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1306700647&sr=8-5

I so love shopping for babies. :)

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:25 PM on May. 29, 2011

• oh, I'm set on sound machines (white noise, nature and all that fun stuff) I can't sleep without them.

And it's cool, I should hire you to shop for me I hate doing it lol and even though I'm excited about my baby ... I can't get excited about shopping for him/her and I feel way out of my element trying to put this list together and organize myself.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Comment by Gnomeofmyheart (original poster) at 4:32 PM on May. 29, 2011