Food Stains.

My 5 month old just started to eat solid foods and it is starting to show any good tips on how to get the stains out of his clothes?

malexander2009

Asked by malexander2009 at 4:10 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Do you use bibs?
    Anonymous

• Tide and if the clothes are white a dap of bleach
    SamJ321

Answer by SamJ321 at 4:16 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Wash them right away, don't let this sit around. DD did a stain remover science experiment a few weeks ago using baby foods on white t-shirts, and the stuff we washed immedaitely did not stain one iota. Stuff that sat even for a couple of hours stained a bit, even using sprays. So wash immediately, even if it's just a quick hand wash in the sink to get the stuff off, and machine washed later.
    Anonymous

• shout is good. also the dreft stain remover, is good too.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 9:05 PM on May. 29, 2011

• TIDE STAIN REMOVER, OR PUT DISHWASHING SOAP IN THE STAIN AND THEN WASH IN A FEW
    RACINGMANIA

Answer by RACINGMANIA at 9:49 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Shout. I have 3 kids, and we have always used shout, pre treat it when you take off the item and when you wash it it takes the stain out. my kids clothes look pretty darn good. stock up on bibs too
    Leelee1008

Answer by Leelee1008 at 9:49 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I use clorox foaming pre treater it works good
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 10:08 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Resolve works great. It gets the stains out of my 4 year olds clothes.
    aj23

Answer by aj23 at 1:05 AM on May. 30, 2011

• I use Zout. It works great. I take the clothes off and rinse them in cold water and then spray them with Zout. If I think it is super bad I will use a Spray-n-Wash stain stick first and then Zout.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 9:07 AM on May. 30, 2011

• When my kiddos get food on their clothes I immediately take them off and spray them with shout. I put them in the hamper and wash them a day or so later. It works great. I have also used baby oxyclean.. it works. Another thing I did was to strip them down when it was time to eat.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 10:04 AM on May. 30, 2011