Been having what i think are contractions but they could just be cramps. it is my first so i do not know what contractions feel like. i went to the hospital yesterday as i wasnt sure if it was just my mucus plug that i lost. the nurse said that the placenta was clear of the cervix and to go home and wait. i do not want to go back into the hospital for them to send me back home again and be a waste of time but on the other hand i do not want to leave it too late. please can u advise me?

lesley87

Asked by lesley87 at 4:13 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Time the tightness. If they last for 60-90 seconds and are in a regular pattern at least 5 mins apart, then it is time to go to the hospital.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:16 PM on May. 29, 2011

• ^^what she said^^ Time it and once the pain is very consistent get your booty to l&d
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:18 PM on May. 29, 2011

• You can also try laying on your left side & drinking water & see if that changes things. Or if you've been laying down, try getting up & doing something. Sometimes a change of activity will stop them if it isn't the "real deal". But the biggest thing is if they are getting hard to talk/breathe/walk through & are really getting your attention, its time to go. Time between them can be important, but not always.
    GwenMB

Answer by GwenMB at 4:32 PM on May. 29, 2011

• What the top 2 ladies said! Good Luck!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:40 PM on May. 29, 2011