Car seat

Opinions for those who own it please. looking into buying one for my daughter and son.

Update::

Seriously looking at the Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite now.. does RF, FF, and booster

http://www.safety1st.com/product_demos/retailer.asp?PID=2671&RID=8

MamaHardy2008

Asked by MamaHardy2008 at 4:49 PM on May. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• I love mine! Just be aware that it does not work well as a booster for most children and it does not rear face.
    banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 4:55 PM on May. 29, 2011

• what the PP said, it is not known for being a great booster. my ds will be 6 in November and is still harnessed in his
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:58 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I'll clarify what I said before....for most children it doesn't allow the seat belt to fit properly. But a lot of adults don't know the proper way to check a seatbelt's fit on the child.
    banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 5:04 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I love mine as a 5 point harness. That's all I've had to use it as for now.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 5:32 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Hmm, I'm not sure. My daughter will be 5 in July and just outgrew hers for the harness height. She is 44lbs. and 45.5" tall. The shoulder belt was on her neck and the lap belt was all the way up on her lower abdomen. She is now in a Graco Turbo Booster and it fits amazingly well (shoulder belt across her shoulder, lap belt on the top of her thighs).
    banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 6:18 PM on May. 29, 2011

• what about the buckle? i saw reviews that their child was basically sitting on it.
    MamaHardy2008

Comment by MamaHardy2008 (original poster) at 7:13 PM on May. 29, 2011

• It's a common complaint among boys that the crotch buckle can hurt. I have girls so I haven't encountered this issue......and I've heard of some boys not hurting from it, so it just depends on the child. Your best bet is to go to Babies 'R Us, Walmart or Target to try it out first.
    banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 7:41 PM on May. 29, 2011

• i took him to walmart today and tested it out and it seemed fine- but he is only 10 months so i am more worried about when he gets bigger. of course i wont use it until he is 1 but i am thinking about more like when he is 2,3,4. I need to take my daughter to test it out.
    MamaHardy2008

Comment by MamaHardy2008 (original poster) at 10:42 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I have the Graco Nautilus in both vehicles and love it. However it does not rear face, so it won't be an option if you choose to leave your little one rear facing longer.
    OctMommyof3

Answer by OctMommyof3 at 12:19 AM on May. 30, 2011

• like I said, DS is almost 6 and has never complained about the buckle... other kids have..
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:47 PM on May. 30, 2011