Do you have a plan when it comes to having children?

My husband and I want them 4 years apart. The first was a surprise because I was only 18 and I just had my 2nd baby at 22 and we want two more kids so then I will be 30 years old when I close down the factory which I think it's a good age. How about you?

GomezMami2908

Asked by GomezMami2908 at 5:11 PM on May. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• LOL!!! Not at you, but my husband and I had a plan when we were married. We were going to wait 5 years before even DISCUSSING the idea of kids. Needless to say, within 6 months of the honeymoon we were pregnant with our first. He was our only planned child. Afterwards, everyone else kind of surprised us. I got pregnant while breastfeeding exclusively AND using the mini pill. I think my "plans" for kids are being made for me:)
    momofour09

Answer by momofour09 at 10:26 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I wanted at least 10. Unfortunately it didn't work out that way. I decided when I hit 30 I was going to forget about it (I had 3), there was no sense anymore waiting, it just wasn't going to happen. At 35 I got pregnant. Who knew? 12 years of infertility and there she was. I tried again after that, but now I'm in my mid 40s and it just isn't going to happen.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 5:15 PM on May. 29, 2011

• my plan is NO MORE for a while :P I didnt plan my twins. I had them at 20. I'm single (have been single) and still in college. IF i have more, it'll be after I've been married for a few years and then it'll be one or two depending on what my future husband wants. I do most likely want to have at least one more with my future husband. if i ever find him ;)
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 5:15 PM on May. 29, 2011

• When I was a kid and growing up I wanted TONS of kids (I'm an only child) and they HAD to be twins, triplets, quads or more so they'd always have a playmate. I was a lonely kid, can you tell? HAHAHA!!!

I was 22 when my son was born and HE very quickly disabused me of the romantic notions I'd had as a kid. He was WORK! (I applaud and bow down to ALL you moms of multiples). He and his sister are 3 years, 4 months 28 days apart (I say 3 1/2 years usually) and it's a perfect age for us. After having her, and two kids in diapers and ALL the "stuff" that comes with more than one kids my husband and I BOTH agreed that we're DONE at 2. Besides, if my daughter had been born first she most likely would have been an ONLY child. Just like her Momma, she is.

One was not enough, two is sometimes too many.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:40 PM on May. 29, 2011

• my first wasnt planned. my second i had when my first was only 15 months old. also not planned.. i want another baby with the man im dating now but not any time soon.. maybe 3 or 4 yrs
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 6:39 PM on May. 29, 2011

• We had no plans. I suck at taking birth control and we both suck at remembering condoms, lol. I've been pregnant 6 times in the 12 years we've been together and we have 5 kids (the 5th pregnancy ended in miscarriage at 12 weeks). The only one "planned" was the 4th. We were still discussing whether we really wanted to have another when I found out I was pregnant. It worked out, though. Our kids are 10 (turning 11 next month), 9 1/2, 8 1/2, 5 and 10 months (turning 1 in July).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:45 PM on May. 29, 2011

• We didn't have plans but after our first was born we decided to wait till he is at least out of diapers to have another. But we also want to have one more while we are young and have the energy and we would like ours to be close in age. We just want 2 but it is whatever God blesses us with. He is in Afghanistan right now so we don't have to worry about getting pregnant before my little one is out of diapers.
    LeslieNBreaux

Answer by LeslieNBreaux at 9:30 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I planned both, I wanted them 2 years apart and they are almost. I had my first at 28 and second at 30, and then my husband got fixed, I was sure I didn't want anymore, i am glad that I planned the way we did.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 9:42 PM on May. 29, 2011

• i did not plan to gewt pregnant 4 times but i have 2 kids boys 1 is 3 and the other is 8 weeks i am done having children, the last one cost me 6 pelvic fractures and a pubic bone break my baby making days are over im getting my tubal done next year at 21.
    momy_lynn_16

Answer by momy_lynn_16 at 2:23 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Ideally we wanted to wait 5 years to have kids... Our son was born 8 days before our second anniversary. After he was born, we planned on waiting until he was potty trained before even THINKING about having another... yeah, our daughter was born 11 1/2 months later. I'd LOVE to have one more... but in like, 5 years...
    jess_merrick874

Answer by jess_merrick874 at 3:13 AM on May. 30, 2011