Does your son have long hair??

my boys are 20 months and i've never cut their hair aside from trimming their bangs once and the back of tadens hair beacuse it was mullety haha i love their hair long! i want to let it get a lot longer than it is now, before i ever cut it. but some of my family and friends hates it! they call them girls and stuff. they buzz their kids hair off and always ask me when im cutting my boys hair. *eye roll* idc what they say i LOVE it!! when theyre older, if they say mom i hate my hair its annoying or whatever, then yeah i'd definitely cut it. i want them to choose their hairstyle to a certain degree haha

how about you, how long has your sons hair been?
how long will you let it get?
your opinion on boys with long hair?

pics you want!!! (mine is below)

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 5:12 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Just for Fun

• my mom holding (left to right) Tyler, with the longer hair and taden next to him. his hair is still pretty short. they were born bald :P (my niece and nephew with them)

ElsaSalsaaa

Comment by ElsaSalsaaa (original poster) at 5:14 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Not yet but I plan on leaving it long. He has his Daddy's beautiful black hair so I don't plan on cutting it...unless it gets mullety lol then a trim will do.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 5:14 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I dont like boys or men with long hair. Just doesnt look right. I even screwed up one time when I was working in a medical office. I asked a father were his son was because it was his turn to come back and he said right here and pointed to the kid next to him. I thought the kid was his daughter.... My son can decide on his hair when he's at preteen. If he wants it long so be it as long as it maintains it. I like it short.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:14 PM on May. 29, 2011

• your boys length is just fine. I thought you meant shoulder length or longer.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:15 PM on May. 29, 2011

• LOL for me, shoulder length is too long. for my boys its like be low the chin or shorter. "skater hair" i guess. not THAT long lol not like celine dions kid!!!!!!!!! XD
    ElsaSalsaaa

Comment by ElsaSalsaaa (original poster) at 5:17 PM on May. 29, 2011

• They look beautiful. My son has longer hair, it's curly and I don't want to cut into the curls. As long as it's neat, I think it's beautiful. There's this little boy at my daughter's school, he has long long hair that goes right above his butt. He wears in in a beautiful thick braid, very neat and all the little girls are absolutely gaga over this little charmer. I think it also depends on the hair type and if the parents will take care of their hair. Like your boys hair is clean and shiny and neat. I know that kids get messy from playing, but I'm sure you've seen the poor unkempt disheveled messes some parents let their kids go to school with. When my MIL cut my son's hair and didn't tell me, I cried, and he's only had one other haircut since. DH and I have agreed, he looks better with it curly and longer, natural. Again, beautiful family you have there.
    Aneya

Answer by Aneya at 5:23 PM on May. 29, 2011

• aww, they are so cute :)

My oldest son is 11.He got his first real hair cut at about the age of 2. I kept it cut in a nice fade until her was old enough to have an opinion on how he wanted his own hair. So he grew it out pretty long for about 3 years. Just recently about 2 months ago he said he was sick of it and asked me to take him to get it cut.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:35 PM on May. 29, 2011

• When my son was little, he had such curly hair I always cut it. short. as he grew up, he made sure it was short because he didn't like the curls. NOW his wife cuts his hair, VERY short,almost bald.:He loves it short.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 5:37 PM on May. 29, 2011

• My son's is about the same length as the boy with no shirt. He's 7.5 and has always HATED his hair on his forehead.

DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT capitulate to your family's pressure. When my daughter was about 1 I caved in to my father's pressure to cut her hair to get it out of her face and cut her bangs. She's now 4 and I STILL regret doing that. She's got this natural part just over her left temple, still on top of her head, that leaves the right half of her face covered with her curly, gorgeous mid-brown hair.

This was taken in Jan 2011. Her part is there at the "corner" away from her brother.

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:50 PM on May. 29, 2011

• My son is almost 2 weeks old so he's only got a about a half inch of hair. But I am so afraid DH will want to keep his hair long. Personally I think I want to keep it a bit short. IMO your sons isn't all that long. When you said long I was thinking to shoulders or something.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 6:36 PM on May. 29, 2011