Are you going to get yourself "fixed" when done having children or just let nature take it's course?

Right now I want to let nature take it's course but I am only 23 years old and still want more children so I might change my mind later on. You?

GomezMami2908

Asked by GomezMami2908 at 5:13 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I'm 26, I have 3 kids and I'm done, but I'm not getting fixed. We use "natural" techniques that I am VERY strict about. I know that they are not 100% effective, but I don't like the idea of a surgery or the pill or spermicide, etc, so that's just the risk I will take and it's worked well so far (every kid was planned by us). Many friends think I'm crazy for doing a natural approach, but I just remind them that it's what works best for our family and their family's form of BC is what works best for them and I'll never judge them so they need not judge me. :)
    marieadams

Answer by marieadams at 5:37 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I think there will be a 2 way fixing. Both dh and I, ya know, just in case.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 5:18 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I'm 25 and I think one more will do it for me. That will make 3. But I'm not ready for 3 right now!
    I've had 2 csctions so my next will have to be as well so while they're in there anyway they can tie me up too
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 5:25 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Nope. Too many risks to either of us getting fixed.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 5:26 PM on May. 29, 2011

• You may still be "too young" for some doctors to consider performing the procedure. I was told that unless I was 26 and/or had 2+ children they wouldn't do it. I'm not considering though, if I get pregnant again then I'll have another baby. I personally am not comfortable with having a tubal ligation b/c I'm constantly worried about the risk of getting pregnant and losing a baby b/c of it. I miscarried once and the thought of not being able to have a child because I chose to for no reason other than convenience would be a hard pill to swallow. I say unless you absolutely cannot afford to have a child, can't properly care for them or are in some way adversely affected by a pregnancy that there's no reason to do it.
    momofour09

Answer by momofour09 at 10:23 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I closed my baby factory at 40 when I had my last son!!!

Answer by older at 5:15 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I don't know why they call it fixing when you are actually breaking it. God intended for us to procreate and I left it up to Him to decide when He was going to give me babies. I also do not feel that if you are doing something you have to worry about the consequences of that you should be doing it at all, and that includes in the sanctity of marriage.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 5:17 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I'm fixed and making hubby get fixed as well. I have my 2 and I am very happy.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:19 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I just didn't want anymore children so after number 3 I had my tubes tied.. I was in my late 20's and never regretted my decision. I am 35 now and happy with the 3 kids :)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:23 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I was going to have my tubes tied before I left the hospital when I had my second baby but with our insurance we would have had to pay far more than we could afford for me to have that procedure. My DH had a vasectomy because we found out it paid for that procedure completely. No letting nature take its course here.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 5:26 PM on May. 29, 2011