Am I?!?!?

I asked a question on the 23rd about a very very faint line on my pregnancy test. I thought that I was pregnant but now I just think maybe the line was just darker because of the pee on it because when you hold up a unused test to the light you can see a line. I am thinking that maybe I just see it because I want to see it so bad. The rest of the story is that my period was due tuesday but hasn't started. I was cramping for a few days but haven't had much to speak of since thursday. I have been a little nauseous when I wake up and my nipples itch like crazy! I just got off the pill last month so I thought it could be a little off because of that but I have been off and on the pill for the last 10 years and have always had my cycle every month unless I was pregnant. So whats your opinion????? :)

Frogbaby83

Asked by Frogbaby83 at 5:29 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• What have the tests you've taken since the 23rd looked like? The amount of hcg you have doubles every 2 days, so the line would be several times darker by now! (Dollar store tests work as well as the best ohter tests)

One way to check the lines is make sure you don't wait beyond 10 minutes. Also, make sure the line is pink (or blue). If it's grey, it could be the evaporation line. But my last child, I had to take my test outside in the sun or I couldn't see the pink at first. Drove me nuts! But I only waited like 1 day or 2 at most to retest. Retest soon and you'll feel much better! (don't pee for 3 hours before or do first thing in the morning for best reading)

Good luck!

PS cramping doesn't mean you're not pregnant. It's very common and, if mild, not a bad thing. Pregnancy and PMS symptoms are almost totally the same. Tests are key. But you're late, so ... how can you be so patient. Buy tests and test & let us know!
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 5:45 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I took a test saturday morning and it was negative. And honestly we have been having sex at least 5 or 6 times a week so I don't know if I just got pregnant so close to my period and so I still had the cramping or what the deal is.
    Frogbaby83

Comment by Frogbaby83 (original poster) at 5:49 PM on May. 29, 2011