How can I do this for my daughter?

Hey, 
My 8 year old daughter is obsessed with Nickelodeon and one thing she really loves is the Kids Choice Awards, and particularly the green slime. 

She really wants to get slimed, and also wants to see me get slimed as well! I'm a bit reluctant to do it, just because I don't want to teach her that getting super messy is OK, but once in a while it'll be fun :) 

Do you guys have any idea how to make green slime? Also, I'm thinking that we could both dress up like were at an awards show. Any ideas for what we could wear, and how I could do our hair/makeup (she's never worn makeup before, so she'll think it's a big deal haha)? 

Thank you :) 

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on May. 29, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• You can actually buy it already made if you wanted to. Here is a tutorial though to make your own from youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sznpCTnVyuQ&feature=fvwrel

Answer by gemgem at 5:35 PM on May. 29, 2011

• This sounds familiar again good luck
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:36 PM on May. 29, 2011

• sounds like gemgem was able to answer the question but i just wanted to comment on how cool i think this is! its always cool to see a parent take an extra step to do something nice for their kids! i hope its a blast!!! :D
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 5:43 PM on May. 29, 2011

• We've made green slime before. My daughter is also 8 and also obsessed with everything Nickelodeon. Lucky for her we live near Orlando and we were able to take her to the Nickelodeon resort. They do daily mass slimings there or you can pay extra for a private sliming. Anywhooo......you can make 'slime-ade" by putting green food coloring into Sprite. You can try that link to make your own slime. I didn't watch the video, but I'm sure it'll work. You can also make your own slime to play with in your hands out of borax, school glue, water and food coloring....but I wouldn't want to get that on my head or in my eyes you know.

My daughter DVR'd the Kids Choice awards and has watched it so many times it's ridiculous, lol. Have fun making slime!
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 5:47 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Haha...the only thing is it doesn't look like thats the kind of slime you pour over somebody like they do on the KCA! So idk, maybe I should just make something like cake batter and color it green?

Anybody have any ideas about what to wear and /or makeup and hair? Thanks.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:53 PM on May. 30, 2011

• No clue, but have fun!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:04 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• that would make for an awesome birthday party!!!
    daerca574

Answer by daerca574 at 9:37 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• No idea. Good Luck! Did you google it?
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:06 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I would go to a thrift store and buy something 'new' but is washable or some old clothes that you don't worry about getting messy. I would get a kiddie pool or two. Be outside when you get slimmed and stand in the empty pool(cleanup is contained). Have a second pool with water in it to rinse off in or spray clean with a hose. You could then clean the clothes or if the clothes are from the thrift store, throw them away. For your hair I would not do too much to it maybe put it into a bun and get some fancy but inexpensive hair clips. As for make up, I don't wear much so a bit of lipstick(or tinted chapstick), blush, eye color and maybe mascara.
    nova.mommy

Answer by nova.mommy at 10:17 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• You can mix up flour and other kitchen things and green food coloring and come up with your own mix that will work. Its pretty easy.
    aj23

Answer by aj23 at 11:20 PM on Jun. 14, 2011