Is light pink discharge normal during early pregnancy? adult content

I'm 7 weeks 5 days pregnant this is my first pregnancy. I had light pink discharge only 2x when I wiped there is nothing in my panties and slight cramping kind of like I'm going to start AF. So if you can tell me if its normal and what maybe the cause I would appreciate it. I can't get to the doctor until the 10th so I just need some advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:43 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It can be. There are many causes for light pink or brown spotting is early pregnancy. Bleeding is actually a very normal part of the first trimster. A very large portion of women have bleeding of some kind in early pregnancy.

It can be hormonal, left over blood from implantation, a blood clot behind the placenta which is most often not life threatening to mom or baby...and more.

I have had light pink and brown spotting during 2 of my pregnancies that I did not miscarry. The first is my son who is almost 2 and the 2nd is my current pregnancy that I am 14 weeks along in.

I also had like pink spotting that had clear mucus in it that started out at just a couple of times when I wiped and slowly progressed to heavier bleeding. I lost that baby.

This is just one of those things that you have to wait out. You can have blood work done to see if your levels are falling or see if the bleeding progesses. GL!
    Anonymous

• It can be normal but the best thing to do is try to rest and not get to anxious. If you can't get in to see your doctor at least call and talk to the nurse. They can usually give you some advice. Good Luck!
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 5:45 PM on May. 29, 2011

• During my first pregnancy, I had a light pink and brown discharge. My pregnancy was fine but I did have it confirmed with an ultrasound. My second pregnancy, I again had light pink discharge, but I miscarried. Having some bleeding is not abnormal, but I recommend you get checked out.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 6:07 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Thank you
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:46 PM on May. 29, 2011

• No bleeding during pregnancy is normal, although it is more common than you think. I've been through an ectopic pregnancy, a miscariage, and 2 pregnancy with bleeding that turned out great. You should definately call your doctors office and let them decide if they need to see you. I wouldn't overreact and go to the ER unless you are in pain. im currently 17 weeks prego and i had bleeding in the beginning. they did lots of blood work and ultrasounds so, yes, it is a big deal.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 5:48 PM on May. 29, 2011