Is this normal? Warning, very TMI adult content

Hi,
I hope this is ok, I'm trying to figure out if I'm normal down there. I think I may have a problem, but I'm hoping I'm wrong and this is another variation of normal or maybe this is just the way "it" looks after having 5 kids and being over 35.

I found this picture on the internet (don't open around kids) http://www.dermnet.com/Lichen-Sclerosis-Vulva/picture/5370

This is very similar to what I look like. ( I was looking with a mirror the other day) See how it almost looks like you can see puffy glands? Is that normal?

Can someone please tell me if they look like this too or if you know if it's normal or not. Do not worry about scaring me if it's not. I really just need to know.

Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Health

• I can't get to that site. sorry!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 5:56 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I don't know about other women, but mine doesnt look like that...that looks very swollen. I would go to the Dr. Good luck honey
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 5:56 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Do you have that discharge too? That doesnt look normal to me, yeah I would definatly be going to the Dr
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 5:57 PM on May. 29, 2011

• no, I don't have a discharge.

Is there anything about the picture that is normal? Is the shape normal? Are all the right parts there? Is there anything missing? Other than the color and puffyness, is there something there that shouldn't be?

Thanks for the help. :-)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:10 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Mine doesn't look like that either. I can't say for sure that it's not normal, I want to say no but best thing to do is ask your doctor.
    BrandyBaby22

Answer by BrandyBaby22 at 6:34 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Can somebody put it in a way I can pull it up?
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 7:16 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Sorry, I haven't figured out how to make a link or attach a picture here. ( I wish I could) I think you can copy and paste the link (address) in the browser. Her'e's the link:

http://www.dermnet.com/Lichen-Sclerosis-Vulva/picture/5370

Thanks everyone for your help and understanding. :-)

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:56 PM on May. 29, 2011

• That is nasty, are you saying you have those sores.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:11 PM on May. 29, 2011

• yes, your right, it's nasty. I hope everyone will forgive me, I just truly wanted to know. Yes, I do have some of those sore, just not as bad. I've been married 20 years and have been faithful the whole time. I was checked for STD while pregnant with my 5th 3 yrs ago and was Clean.

I'm using diaper cream to help with the sores. What really has me the most concern in that it seems to be missing things a normal vulva has and looks unusual. I'm praying that this turns out to be nothing, the sores heal and life goes on. I just really needed to know if the shape and look, other than the sores was normal. (If that makes sense) Except for the sores, can it be a normal varation of a vagina? If not, I'd still like to know though.

Thanks for taking the time to read all this and reply. It's helpful just to hear from others.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:20 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I really think that you should be checked for STD's again....yes YOU have been faithful, but you havent said if HE has been faithful or not...also..in those pictures..it looks like the...lips...are swollen to the point of being missing...that HAS to be painful...honest to God, you need to go the Dr...probably the sooner the better
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 8:58 PM on May. 29, 2011