Would you let your kids see their grandparents after they screwed over their kids?

1. They cheated them out of their grandma's will.
2. They always claimed she will give them money and she never did.
3. When approached about it they denied it over and over about such will even existing.
4. No their broke and looking at everyone else for money.
5. Blew about 1 million dollars on themselves.
6. About 300 hundred thousand was suppose to be divided within their three sons.

Nancygray2

Asked by Nancygray2 at 6:04 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Id sue!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 6:06 PM on May. 29, 2011

• nope, and mine dont see their's for less than that. I adopted a new set of parents and they call them gramma and gramps
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 6:27 PM on May. 29, 2011

• This is about money, money should not define any relationship. Thats just sad. If you didn't work for it, don't expect it if you are a grown adult.

And thats the way my family is too. If you didn't work for it, if you get it, it will be a surprise, not something you should expect to come to you. If it was not in the will then it was not in the will, no one has the authority to overthrow someones will, So I suspect even though there was talk of it being in there, it must have not really been in there, that's something you need to get over. Plus, typically is a spouse dies, and no will is written, the alive spouse makes all of the decisions, and all assets automatically become theirs, and if they wanted to go blow it and have fun, that's their choice.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 6:42 PM on May. 29, 2011

• hell, Even Bill Gates kids don't get a large amount of money, it's going to a charity.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 6:46 PM on May. 29, 2011

• We have personality conflicts in my family and both sets of parents have to 'play nice' with each of us if they want to see the grandkids. I would be upset but wouldn't let money get in the way if all else is fine.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 6:58 PM on May. 29, 2011

• 1 thru 6 is all about $$$. You need to retitle this question

Would you let your kids see their grandparents because they won't give us any money?
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 6:59 PM on May. 29, 2011

• WOW...this is all about money?!?
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 7:06 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I would not keep my children from having a relationship with their grandparents over money.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:06 PM on May. 29, 2011

• You should be doing what you feel necessary to earn the money you feel needed for your children. That is not the grandparents role.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:12 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I wouldn't worry about it, it's just money. But it sounds like you have a lot of underlying problems with these people.
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 7:13 PM on May. 29, 2011