omg help me please.

okay my daughter is a little over a year old and she has never slept all night,but lately she has been waking up at like four or four thirty and staying up til five thirty or six. six is when i get up and start my day. it doesn't matter what time she goes to bed she is up the same time every morning. i don't turn any lights or tv or anything on when she gets up thinking that she will just get bored and go back to sleep no that doesn't work she will just sit and jabber. does anyone have any suggestions? i am totally exhausted. but i did get most of my house work done already since i have been up since four thirty

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 7:22 AM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son would try and pull that with me but I would just act like Im still sleeping and he would just lay there in bed with me and stare until he got bored and then went back to sleep. Now hes almost 24 months old and wakes up about 9:30 or 10. He wakes up later then I do now lol. Im a stay at home mom so I know its probably harder for you but maybe just try the whole pretending to sleep thing and see what she does. Of course if she needs something then thats a different story :) good luck and I feel your pain cause my son used to hardly ever sleep.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 12:06 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• My kids also got up early every day no matter what time they went to bed (they were 5am children). If she is fully awake then chances are there is not much you can do. Is she still in a crib? If she is then there is no reason to get up if she is not crying and just jabbering. I would however get up at around 5am if she is getting up at 4. Make sure that you get to bed around the same does she is put down for the night so maybe it won't be so bad for you being tierd and all.
    candygirl1030

Answer by candygirl1030 at 7:26 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• my 23 month old has been doing the same thing. waking up early even if i keep them up till 10 she still wakes up at 6! and lately she has been refusing to lay down for a nap and bedtime. she will scream at the top of her lungs for 30 mins to an hour. its driving me nuts! lol so i'm sorry i cant help u but i feel where ur coming from!
    Love_Stoned

Answer by Love_Stoned at 7:40 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I feel your pain .My children are 6 and 3 and both of them did this and there was no "real" solution to this .Just like yours no matter what time I put them to bed it was still early to rise long before the sun and myself were ready to get up for the morning. best advice I can give is to goto bed earlier yourself and just think of all the things that you can get done.Or what I did is used this time in the wee early mornings is to think of it as quaility time with my baby nice and quiet and no interuptions of the busy world going on around us as everyone is still sleeping
    Rachel311

Answer by Rachel311 at 7:51 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• How long does she nap in the afternoon? You may want to shorten the naps and see how that affects the situation. I hope this helps.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 8:37 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Well, there you go - every cloud has a silver lining; you're getting your housework done :-)!! If she's in a crib, you could try leaving her to see if she'll fall back to sleep. If nothing works, then you may have to just ride out this phase; at least I hope it's a phase. Otherwise, you've got yourself quite the Morning Girl! Best of luck and I hope things work out.
    Connie04

Answer by Connie04 at 9:58 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• i would put a baby gate in her doorway and leave some safe toys for her (assuming it is 100% baby proofed) and just let her have her time but not get up and pay any attentionto her.... jmo that sucks!!!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:41 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I agree with AmaliaD if it's a problem for you at least this would give you a few minutes to wake up potty and get some serious coffee going.
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 12:02 PM on Dec. 9, 2008