My toddler sweats excessive when she sleeps

maddie442

Asked by maddie442 at 6:23 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Kids' Health

• If the room is not too hot, and she's not too hot, then she could have sleep apnea. Google it, or call your doctor to ask him about a sleep study for her. If she doesn't snore, it's probably not sleep apnea. Try putting a fan in her room at night.
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 6:34 PM on May. 29, 2011

• what does she wear to bed, how many blankets etc
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 6:47 PM on May. 29, 2011

• My six year old does the same. He sleeps in nothing but undies and covers with a sheet. Sometimes his hair is almost dripping wet when he wakes up...I have on appointment on June 16. Hope we both find an answer.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:57 PM on May. 29, 2011

• One of my kids was like that, but doc said nothing wrong, just hot natured. She is grown now and still the same.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 8:10 PM on May. 29, 2011

• my oldest is still like that and she is 4, i think it is normal, she even sweats with the ac on.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 9:02 PM on May. 29, 2011

• some kids sweat more then others, try letting them sleep in minimal clothes also try a small fan in the room. good luck
    Leelee1008

Answer by Leelee1008 at 10:23 PM on May. 29, 2011

• My son does the same thing. His dr says he just a sweaty kid.
    aj23

Answer by aj23 at 1:19 AM on May. 30, 2011

• My daughter does this too and her doctor says there is nothing to be concerned about. I was actually super hot through my entire pregnancy and she has been a little furnace since the day she was born. She will not even wear pj's to bed at all. She sleeps in her skivvies and either uses just a sheet to cover up or nothing at all and she is still always sweating. You should talk to your pediatrician but try not to worry too much.

Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 9:33 AM on May. 30, 2011

• My 9 yo dd did this when she was really little, and even once in a while these days. It didnt matter how cool it was in the room she would just sweat profusely. I took her to the doc. He was concerned and gave her a bunch of blood tests and an mri and even a sweat test. it all came back normal. Its just part of who she is. If youre worried about it, definitely talk to your doctor.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 10:29 AM on May. 30, 2011

• fewer clothes, more fans
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:06 PM on May. 30, 2011