Ikea cribs?

anyone ever buy a crib from ikea?

trying to see if they are good quality or not since they are the cheaper price i can find around here sadly ($100 compared to $250)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:37 PM on May. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• We have one. We got the like cheapest one they had at the time (although I heard something about a recall because the base could fall out...we're just watching ours and plan to fix it ourselves because I saw where there could be a problem when I put it together). It's very sturdy even with the "defect". The only thing I'm sure people don't like is the way the base is secured. It's just some eyelet screws in the frame and the solid bottom sits on top of them. Well, they're supposed to be screwed in but I didn't have the right tools so mine isn't real tight.
    My son is 10 months and it works great for him. He can barely even see over the top of the rail so I'm not worried about him climbing our or anything. Our 3 girls have beds from ikea, too. They are all very sturdy and have lasted for years. The mattresses are good, too.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:42 PM on May. 29, 2011

• http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70190228
    this is the crib i plan to get....is this the kind you have?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:00 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I have wondered how they compare to cribs bought at Wal Mart or Target. I had questions about their safety as well. I really am unsure about many of the cribs. My hope is regulations become super strict and all cribs have a safety rating where recalls are few and far between. My guess is Ikea cribs are very similar quality to cribs sold in other big box stores.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 7:14 PM on May. 29, 2011