No clean underwear?! you have got to be kidding!

My MIL's dryer broke so, we have been hanging our clothes out on the line. Well, it has been raining for days! I can't seem to get my laundry done. I finally washed a load today and attempted to hang it out on the line, but of course it started raining before my clothes were dry. I quickly brought them inside and hung them all over the house, lol. Anyone have any advice on what I could do as far as laundry on rainy days? This is driving me nuts! My vehicle is broke right now so the laundry mat is out of the question. Got any tips?

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 6:46 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Just for Fun

• blow dry what you do NEED lol
    Anonymous

• Get a drying rack to put in the bathtub to dry clothes on rainy days - check Target or Walmart.
    Anonymous

• Like my underwear? LOL this is rediculous. I really should have brought me dryer with me when I moved here.
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 6:51 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Oh wow, I didn't even think of that anon! Thank you!
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 6:52 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Drying rack? Asa child my mother would hang them all over the house. On a hanger hung in the door frames, over the back of chairs, on doorknobs, over curtain rods..she was prettty inventive...
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:54 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I thought about that, but of course I am not in my own house. I don't think my FIL would appreciate my bras and underwear on the door knobs or chairs, lol! I am going to get a drying rack. I can stick it in the bathroom upstairs so its out of the way :) I don't know why I didn't think of that before.
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 6:58 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Hang it on the shower rod, over your footboard, over a rack, etc...
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 7:03 PM on May. 29, 2011

• you can iron them dry!!! i have been having to wash a few things in our bathtub lol we live in an apt with no washer/dryer connctions and we dont have money for the laundry mat right now lol
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 7:08 PM on May. 29, 2011

• When I was younger, my mom once hung a clothesline across the middle of our dinning room. Our clothes dryer had broke and this was the only way to get the clothes to dry. I also remember pantihose, under and bras hanging on the shower curtain rod and sometimes she'd hang shirts on hangers and hang them on the light fixtures. (works great for kids shirts, lol)

Not sure how pratical that is, but I guess it worked for my mom, lol.
    anninflorida

Answer by anninflorida at 7:18 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Lol seems pretty pratical to me :) if I was in my own home and had this problem i would be doing the same thing.
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 7:21 PM on May. 29, 2011