My MIL hates our boys names!!

I am having a boy in 8 weeks and we have a three year old boy. Well today my MIL informed me that she hates our new babies name and only likes ds 3 name cause he is a Jr. Not that I really care but what are your opinions ? I am not changing his name cause we love it. LOL

DS1 Luke David
DS2 Case James

sweetpea_mama

Asked by sweetpea_mama at 6:49 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Baby Names

• Ask her if she named her kids. When she says yes, tell her "good, know it's my turn."
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 7:37 PM on May. 29, 2011

• well its you and your husband that need to like them anyway, outside opinions shouldnt count.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 6:51 PM on May. 29, 2011

• tell her to shove it.. shes not giving birth to them she has no say.. tell ur husband he needs to talk to HIS mother.
    Anonymous

• Name ypur child and tell her to get over it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:51 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Yep, your child and you get to name him whatever you want. She loves them both no matter how she dislikes their names.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:51 PM on May. 29, 2011

• My opinion is to tell her too f----------g bad. They're your kids. She got to name hers.
    Anonymous

• Thank you!!! I am not a confrontational person but I think this has crossed the line! I just was shocked cause they are not that outside of the box to me. We live in a small town and all the little boys have names like Luke, Case, Blake, Kayden, Ty, etc. LOL We name our boys to ride bulls. LOL (Not really ) but they are country boys that play in dirt. LOL No offense to anyone but a name like Christopher or something more formal wouldn't fit our family.
    sweetpea_mama

Comment by sweetpea_mama (original poster) at 6:58 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Those are great names and it's none of her business. If she brings it up again, I would say 'Thank you for feeling comfortable enough to share your opinion, but you had your chance to name your kids and this is mine!'
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 7:02 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Doesnt matter if she likes them.

Answer by gemgem at 7:06 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Tell her you guys love the names and it's not your problem if she doesn't like them and then add how sad, selfish and low class it was of her to share her nasty and unsolicited opinion. what a bitch...
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:18 PM on May. 29, 2011