Going to live with my fiances family for a month...

my fiance is working in texas and i am going to go visit him for a month and his family is also down there living there temporarily because his dad also is working down there for right now.ive never really got to know his parents and siblings all that well, just talking to them at family gatherings and stuff.and im even going to have to sleep in the living room because since we're not technically married yet his parents wont let us sleep in the same bed.so this is going to be very awkward and weird for me.anyone had to go through something like this?

Keriii24

Asked by Keriii24 at 6:53 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• I moved in with my inlaws and only knew them maybe a month, and it wasnt like knowing them daily for a month. I had met them about 2-3 times. It was hard because his mom did things her way and the way they ate was different then me. But as long as you can keep an open mind and sense of humor it should be ok. It is only for a month.

Answer by gemgem at 7:05 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I have not done this but I'd think that under their roof you adhere to their rules and try to take it all with a grain of salt. Be courteous and helpful and it'll be okay.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:10 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Im about to move in with my inlaws for about a month. Just try to be open minded. Dont start drama, even if they try. Help out where/when you can. As for the sleeping arrangements, Im married so obviously I dont have to worry about that but it is THEIR house so you do need to respect that they dont want you sleeping together there.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:16 PM on May. 29, 2011

• few weeks ago, my boyfriend and i had my mom stay with US for a few nights, and she "gave permission" for us to sleep in the same bed while she was there. lol
    parents are funny .
    but it's their house, their rules.
    besides, you'll be married soon so it's alright. a month on the couch isn't too shabby.
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 9:57 PM on May. 29, 2011

• When hubs and I were dating we would go down to his sister's some weekends and at first I was a bit nervous and not sure what to expect. So my 'advice' is to be friendly and polite, respect their beliefs (like sleeping in separate rooms), follow the house rules, be helpful and see if there is anything they would like you to do....
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:04 PM on May. 29, 2011