Does anyone get dizzy before and/or during your period?

ive noticed that sometimes I will feel light headed and dizzy right before my period (along with really irritable and emotional) and the fact that i have anxiety and panic disorder doesn't really help....i just went to the doctor for a checkup and i had blood work done, an ekg (at my request because im paranoid) and even a sono to make sure i didnt have gallstones because i was having abdominal pains. everything was perfect, only that my vitamin D was kind of low, but not too bad. anyway, the past three days ive had random dizzy spells and Im due for my period tomorrow (nope not pregnant! im positive) and i lied down to rest and sipped a coke and i felt better. i started cleaning again and lifting stuff and then i started to feel dizzy again. does anyone else have this as a pms symptom? its hard to rest since i have two small little girls and my dh works late :(

nena_a

Asked by nena_a at 6:57 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Health

• I've had the same issues - I've thought of my blood pressuer being out of wack and maybe even my blood sugar level.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 7:04 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I get this way too. Try backing off caffeine and pushing green tea or just more water. Also, eat right near your period. Is your iron low? Sometimes a good multi vitamin or some supplements can make it better. Can I ask what age range you're in?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:05 PM on May. 29, 2011

• im 25. hmmm. now that i think about it, i had a Starbux espresso double shot with cream yesterday AND today in the AM. that probably didn't help.
    nena_a

Comment by nena_a (original poster) at 7:07 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I would say have your iron checked, when I was anemic I used to have that same issue even to the point were I would pass out. As soon as I was able to get the anemia under control it never happened again!
    dbraz

Answer by dbraz at 7:12 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Ya, our bodies tend to be super sensitive when pms and at least you're wise to pick up on it so you can have one shot less of caffeine and drink fluids, etc. I'm not one to talk at one point I drank six cups of coffee in the morning and (also got dizzy). Don't worry about it.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:12 PM on May. 29, 2011