is everyone missing it?

a cafemom posted a lets say thanks post yesterday,it gives you a link that you can get on and send a card to our troops. i think it is a wonderful idea and i jumped on the chance to tell them how i felt about them putting their life on the line for our country. what kills me is she only had four responses. i know that there are more people out there that would love to do this am i right? its free do it it will make a soldiers day and maybe it could possibly be the only piece of mail he/she gets.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:36 AM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I wouldn't assume that people didn't use the link. I didn't respond because that's not the first time I have used the link. I have sent several already. A lot of people don't feel the need to respond to the links when it's not fueld by drama.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Maybe they used the link and just didn't respond to the post.
    Jessy0419

Answer by Jessy0419 at 7:41 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Might have helped if you would have provided the link...
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 7:42 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• go look up the question
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:51 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• the link is.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:55 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I think what AllAboutKeeley meant was a link to the post you're referring to. Did the poster make it for friends only? Just a thought. Often times if there's a link in a post, I go to the link and don't respond to the post...don't see the need.
    Jessy0419

Answer by Jessy0419 at 8:07 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• the post is under politics and current events and it is titled lets say thanks. and i sent a card and went back and responded just to thank her for posting the link and giving me the opportunity to do that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• well i am a little sheltered and didn't realize there was a link out there like that,but i think if people did use it and didn't go back and respond that at least they should go back and thank her for posting it. at least she was doin something positive and not trying to start drama but trying to make everyone feel good about themselves ya know?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• my class sends them card every year and every card has our return address, stamped envelops and a plea to write back and never gotten a responce, i know the troops are busy but it would take 5 min! so we are sending then paper cards again. but on cm, i dont feeel the need....
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:54 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I am not sure about the regulations now, but several years ago, you could not send gifts or card to servicemen without using their name. Items mailed to anonymous servicemen or women were discarded unopened. This was done for the safety and morale of the servicemen after several rather badly wounded servicemen at Walter Reed Army Hospital recieved "get well cards" supposedly from schoolchildren that contained hate messages.
    Anonymous