Red white & blue day at school...need help!

My dd is a girly girl so most of her clothes are light colors, pinks, purples and things like that. She wears tutu skirts to school, sandals, dresses, and well you get the picture. Most of her clothes are from The Gap, Childrens place and what not. Well tomorrow is red, white & blue day and I honestly have nothing in red to put on my dd.

I went into her closet and pulled out a denim skirt that was red embroidery, and a white tank top to go with it, and than her keds and white socks. My husband says I cant use the jean skirt because it doesnt count as blue. I think it does? Is denim considered blue or not?

Asked by gemgem at 7:08 PM on May. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• it's blue... what does he know... you can't take fashion advise from a straight man!!! LOL

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:20 PM on May. 29, 2011

• denim counts as blue to me

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:10 PM on May. 29, 2011

• it is blue
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 7:11 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Definitely counts as blue. And if you don't have a wardrobe to fit every special occasion, forget about it! My daughter had literally NOTHING green to wear this year for St. Patrick's Day, so she went to school wearing pink/purple like usual. Haha. It happens. No big deal.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 7:21 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Thanks thats what I thought. I had a 4th of July dress for her but she outgrew it so lol. I am not running out to Childrens place at this late notice to get a new one.

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 7:14 PM on May. 29, 2011

• LOL at straight man. One day when my oldest dd had her little girl my dh was in charge of our little dd. I came home and she was wearing her brothers camo pants, a striped blue shirt and her pony tails were crooked. I looked at him and said "Really?"

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 7:25 PM on May. 29, 2011