Most of the listings for childcare in my area on craigslist is people advertising their home daycares. What would make mine stand out?

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 7:16 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Money & Work

• Are you going to use a particular system for teaching letters and numbers? If so, I would advertise. Like christian based learning, or teaching phonics method letter recognition. Do something others don't do, that will make parents want YOU.
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 8:39 PM on May. 29, 2011

• The first thing I notice is grammar and spelling in craigslist posts. If someone wants to teach my child, that person's listing should sound like they themselves knows their phonics. lol
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 9:36 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Something that says yours is "safe" and caring and focused on the needs of the kids and some kind of outline of what you provide. References would be good or your credentials will make a parent feel at ease and why you're choosing to do this. People want to know they can relate to you and how you'd care for their child. They wanna know you'll supervise, provide activities and not sit on the computer all day.
    Anonymous

• Are you CPR certified? Do you plan on providing food for the kids or will they bring their own, if you provide it, talk about the healthy food you will provide and the educational activities.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 7:37 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Well, for me, I'd want to see that you were LICENSED, CPR/First Aide Certified, had some sort of degree or coursework completed in ECEC, or had a CDA, a few years of experience behind you in running a home daycare (or at least experience working at a daycare center or teaching), and even a link to your daycare's website would be nice.

The home DCP I chose for my DD had a nice website to visit, was licensed, NAEYC accreddited, and had 10 years of HOME childcare experience. She also had college coursework behind her in ECEC. That is what DREW ME TO HER. :)

Anonymous