I'm freaking out. My bf thinks my 1 year old daughter might be sexually abused.

I can't believe this. I have't been on here in forever but I feel like I need feeback right now. Their dad picked them up this morning and my bf just told me I should take her to the dr because she looked really spread apart down there. like.. This makes me very uncomfortable but it is open when I change her diaper. Kwim? Please, feedback

thisloveofmine

Asked by thisloveofmine at 7:20 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Take her to the doctor right away! Do not ignore it but don't freak out until you get definite answers! If it is happening, do something about it now before it literally scars her for life! I'll be praying for you and her!
    cmgIII

Answer by cmgIII at 7:22 PM on May. 29, 2011

• if you have any doubts GO TO THE ER RIGHT NOW! They can rule it out for you.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:23 PM on May. 29, 2011

• get off the omputer an dtake her to the ER asap. Like RIGHT NOW...
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 7:23 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I would take her to the EMERGENCY ROOM!!! There may be evidence the doctor can scrape off for DNA testing!!! Go now!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 7:24 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I agree it wont hurt to take her, if its nothing then you will feel better, if its something then at least something can be done about it sooner rather then later. You dont want to ignore it and do nothing, then find out down the line that something was happening.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 7:24 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I agree with the ladies above.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:24 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Is there a situation where she could have been abused? I mean, do you honestly feel like there's a chance anyone you know would do something like that? I'd take her to the doctor if it will make you feel better. My daughter has kind of an opposite problem - her vaginal lips are I guess bigger than normal or grown over the clitoris more than most women? (Sorry that's probably TMI!) The doctor assured me it's fine. But if you're concerned, please don't hesitate to talk to someone else.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 7:24 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Don't wash down there,Take the diaper she was wearing with u!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 7:25 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Does it look red or irritated. Is she upset. She is a year old she is old enough to react to something like that. Did she act odd when BF changer her after getting home. Do you have any reason to suspect anyone. My DD is 3. when she spreads her legs it opens up. That's how we are built. If you have reason other than just 'it opens up' the by all means head to the er now.
    Anonymous

• If you are worried take her in. Better to have a professional opinion than not to. Let us know what happens!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:28 PM on May. 29, 2011