I want to adopt her baby?

There is this 18 year old girl I know that is having a baby. I don't think she'd be a good mother because of her age. How do I go about adopting her child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:29 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Adoption

• That is a very vague question. Is she even planning to give the baby up for adoption?
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 7:31 PM on May. 29, 2011

• wow do you know what she plans to do? You can offer to help. If you say that out right she will run from you (I would) cause it sounds desperate...even though I can understand you are thinking about the child. I had a lady that was kinda like that....now this lady REALLY wanted any baby so yeah. Offer to be a God mother.
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 7:31 PM on May. 29, 2011

• You have to see if she wants to give the baby up or not.If she doesnt want to then you cant just adopt the baby. If she does you can offer to adopt.

Answer by gemgem at 7:31 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Um. You don't really go around asking for peoples kids because YOU don't think they would be a good mom. And while I agree 18 isn't an ideal age to enter motherhood it doesn't mean she won't be or become a good one. If she says she wants and adoption for her child then sure volunteer but even that is her choice. She may not think you would be a good mother. It can go both ways.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:35 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Age has nothing to do with whether a person will be a good mother or not. If she has no intention of giving the little one up for adoption then you should just mind your own business.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:36 PM on May. 29, 2011

• No, she doesn't want to give it up for adoption. She and her husband are keeping it but I think she's too young to have a baby so I want to adopt it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:36 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Ummmm you don't. Its HER baby. Unless she brings up adoption to you its none of your business. Many 18 yr olds make wonderful loving mothers. Based on your tactless question I don't think you would be a very good mother so I will go ahead and draw up the papers to adopt your kids ok?
    Aislin

Answer by Aislin at 7:36 PM on May. 29, 2011

• This has to be a troll question right? Just some lame excuse saying something so insulting and outrageous to get us going.  Please let this be a fake question.

ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 7:43 PM on May. 29, 2011

•   And the games begin......

LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 7:44 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Okay, well since you said yourself she wants to keep the baby, then there is nothing you can do. While I do think that 18 yrs old is young, her age doesnt have anything to do with if she's going to be a good mother or not. She wants her baby. Period. Be supportive and don't try to pressure her into anything. Just leave it alone
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 8:00 PM on May. 29, 2011