How was the first time you had sex after having your baby?

How long did you wait and how did it feel? I think I waited like 3-4wks with my son, but he was a c-section. I delivered vaginally this time and had quite a few stitches. I don't feel them pulling anymore or any pain, but I'm still bleeding and plan on waiting until I'm done. Feeling *clean* is definitely important to me to get into a place where I can relax enough to want to have sex. Anyway, I'm kind of worried that I'm going to be stretched out down there and it won't feel good for us. Did any of you notice a change in tightness the firs time? If so, when did it go back to normal, or did it ever?

ours

Asked by ours at 7:31 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• For me sex was better after vaginal birth.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:32 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I think we waited around 4 weeks but I delivered via c-section so it was bad for me.
    cmgIII

Answer by cmgIII at 7:32 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I meant ***wasn't***
    cmgIII

Answer by cmgIII at 7:33 PM on May. 29, 2011

• We waited 11 days, I didn't have any stitches or anything, and it felt different, but it was still good. My DH was very gentile and careful with me.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 7:40 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I had a vaginal birth with slight tearing, and my PP bleeding didn't stop till 7 weeks. I wound up having sex at 5 weeks pp...it was uncomfortable for sure but it was also kinda fun in a "should I or shouldn't I?" kind of way.
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 7:49 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I had really bad tearing both times. I waited about 6 weeks, and it was okay. It wasn't really enjoyable until a bit after that.
    h_minkus

Answer by h_minkus at 7:52 PM on May. 29, 2011

• a little rough after 1st child but i tore pretty bad. we waited almost the whole 6 weeks they tell you to and it wasnt bad. very much needed adn he was gentle. maybe a week after #2. lol. i didnt have any issues after having her. again great:)
    newlife627

Answer by newlife627 at 8:23 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I had my son vaginally, and we waited 6 weeks after he was born to have sex, and it was fabulous! Nothing did or does feel stretched out or bad to me!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 10:58 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I waited 2 weeks because that's when I stopped bleeding. But the doctor told me to wait 6 weeks and when I went back for my 6 week check up I told him the truth when he asked if I'd had sex yet. Then he fussed at me, so don't tell your doctor!
    Rileysmom25

Answer by Rileysmom25 at 11:59 PM on May. 29, 2011

• We waited close to a month after each baby, and while we were a little tenative the first time it wasn't long before we were back rteally enjoying sex together
    jazzymom190

Answer by jazzymom190 at 12:34 AM on May. 30, 2011