How bad is natural birth????

This is going to be my last child cause i'm getting my tube's tied and i want to know how bad natural birth is i got drugs(lol) with my other 3 children(was 16-18-22 yr.'s old when i had them) and want to try the natural thing for my last child.

aliciajewel

Asked by aliciajewel at 7:53 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It's not "bad" at all! But if you go into it with that mindset, it ain't gonna be a picnic! LOL
    I would do it again in a heartbeat.
    h_minkus

Answer by h_minkus at 7:54 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I had mine all natural no drugs.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:55 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I heard it wasn't that bad. I think I might even go for it.
    SamJ321

Answer by SamJ321 at 7:55 PM on May. 29, 2011

• it depends on the labor. My last one ( 2 weeks ago) the labor lasted 19 hours, and it got pretty darn bad by the end, but really by the time its unbearable its time to push anyways, and then once pushing comes not so bad again. But if you asked me right after I had my second baby I would have said, its really not that bad at all, he was an easy one. It still hurt of course, but it really wasnt that bad. I think you should try it, there are so many benifits to a natural labor, but dont expect it to be easy, its not, its hard no matter what. But it is do able, and if you ask me its so worth the pain.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 8:00 PM on May. 29, 2011

• My first was medicated, my second was all natural and as your answer my third was medicated and so will my fourth.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:02 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I had an epidural with my first and hated it. To me, that's bad. My second was natural and I would go that route with any future children. It doesn't tickle, but it's not supposed to. I suggest you read 'The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth'. I agree with h_minkus. If you go into this process with a negative mindset, you're going to hate it.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:07 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Natural birth is not that bad at all. Yeah, it hurts, but I felt so much better after my two natural births than I did when I had an epidural with my twins. I kick myself everyday for getting that stupid thing!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 8:10 PM on May. 29, 2011

• With my first I wanted an epideral, but the baby came too fast and I wasn't able to recieve any meds, she was natural. It really wasn't that bad. My second I had meds and hated it. After the birth I still could not move my legs because they were numb. I prefer natural.
    IamErin-K.

Answer by IamErin-K. at 8:13 PM on May. 29, 2011

• My first three were natural and it hurts, but it wont kill you. I think pushing takes less time too naturally.

Answer by gemgem at 8:14 PM on May. 29, 2011

• It depends on how long you take to reach the cenntimeters you need to give birth, But I did it twice and it wasn't that bad, I learned how to deal with the pain of labor by focusing on an object, and it took me 3 hours to deliver.

Answer by older at 8:19 PM on May. 29, 2011