Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 Bumps

Help. Please.

feels like my entire life is falling apart. My marriage, my relationship with my parents who i live with. im pregnant and cant work to support myself or my 2 yr old right now. i feel like im smothering. i dont have a penny to move & still be able to support my kids. yes i will go back to work. but are there any assistance programs in louisiana or nationally? I dont plan being on it long just until my baby is old enough... ive tried food stamp & dont quallify for unemployment... HELP ME PLEASE

Answer Question

Asked by Zarviemom19 at 7:58 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Money & Work

Level 10 (410 Credits)
Answers (9)
  • If you are not working I don't see why you can't qualify for food stamps, are you under 23? Can you try disability if you can't work because of a pregnancy complication. Why can't you get unemployment?

    Answer by JLS2388 at 8:03 PM on May. 29, 2011

  • i dont qualify for unemployment because i hadnt paid in enough... tried disability and hadnt heard back yet. im 21. just having a really hard time getting anything, if i was a drug addict or didnt have plans to go back to work or anything or was having 50 million kids id get help immediately. im at the end of my rope...

    Comment by Zarviemom19 (original poster) at 8:09 PM on May. 29, 2011

  • What disqualified you for FS? you should be able to get them. Where is baby daddy in all this? Can you use him giving you 20 a week to prove you buy your own food to get FS? Check out WIC, that will get milk and cheese and tuna and carrots and juice.

    Answer by cueballsmom at 8:27 PM on May. 29, 2011

  • Only you can make a difference in your life. Look at this different, although it is not perfect right now, it could always be worse. You are young, still have chances and choices which will determine your future. Watch your thoughts and stay logical. Don't future trip with fears and bad thoughts, fight .... I would look into student loans for unwed mothers and see if you can get into training and get help with financing this way. Hold on until things change, only you can make that happen. Chin up, Good Luck.

    Answer by LeJane at 8:44 PM on May. 29, 2011

  • I'm sorry for you, I really am, that you and your children are in this situation, but it isn't anyone's responsibility to support you until your baby is old enough. How old is that, anyway? There are so many kinds of birth control, and so many ways to ensure that you aren't bringing children into situations where the aren't adequately prepared for. If you were married, your husband should need to support you and your children. And if you have family, they are responsible to help and support you. I would not expect my daughter to go on public assistance, I would take care of her until she could get on her feet. It really does sound like you've got yourself into a situation where you are not happy, but be glad you have family and are not on the streets. Get determined and like LeJane suggested, quit being a victim and take charge of changing your life for yourself and your children!

    Answer by DarlaHood at 9:04 PM on May. 29, 2011

  • Sorry for not catching that you are married, I was watching TV while answering posts. Good singers on "The Voice" tonight. :-) however still see what you can do..... get tough and keep your humor through it all. It will help take the sting of pain away.. Hugs !!

    Answer by LeJane at 9:09 PM on May. 29, 2011

  • I'm not sure about how it works in different states, but here in Texas, the PA is quick to help pregnant women stay healthy and provide for their even already born children. I bet that you filled out your application wrong or something, disqualifying you as far as food stamps go, if you claimed that you didn't pay for your own food or something. Double check these things! WIC is a great program for pregnancy till the baby is 5. After that, there's CHIP and medicaid to help with their childcare and your health still as well. I wish I could help more, but liek I said, it's different state to state...

    Answer by dayziesnrozes at 9:25 PM on May. 29, 2011

  • I would call the coynty and report ur situation thetes always something out thete. U r never alone. I will b praying for u.

    Answer by Autiziumom at 10:03 PM on May. 29, 2011

  • Contact social services agencies. I would also contact the local NOW office; they usually have tons of resources

    Answer by rkoloms at 12:38 PM on May. 30, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.