Omg what did I do?!!!

I recently got an xbox again. I went to go see all of my old gaming buddies and half of them had deleted me. I messaged them and asked why and they said that they didn't want to be friends because I have a baby now. WTF?! That's not the first time this has happened. I've had a lot of people stop being friends with me when I got pregnant. What is the deal? I am SO hurt right now. I barely have friends as it is and then this happens? Why would they do this to me? What does me having a baby have to do with me being friends with some people? It's not fair.... =(

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 7:45 AM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• Im sorry that you feel bad about your "friends" dumping you after you had the baby and while you were pregnant. But, its a blessing in disguise. I know you are young. But, hopefully by having a baby you will grow, learn and realize that your child and the family should be your priority and NOT these so called friends. Certainly, friends are nice to have. But, they dont NEED you like your baby does. Sorry if this sounds preachy, but I think that you should focus on your new baby and not on Xbox pals anymore. Its time to grow up sweetie - you're a mom to a beautiful baby now!
    Anonymous

• I'm very sorry that happened to you. First I'll say that people who don't want to be friends b/c you have a baby are not FRIENDS. Second, I guess some people think (rightly so) that people change when they have babies and they don't want to hear about the baby all the time. Very stupid, IMO. Anyway, I would suggest trying to join some sort of play group or mommies group to make some new friends. I'm sure there's even a Mommy Gamers group here on CM if you look hard enough...either that or start your own! Being a mother can be lonely at times but there's nothing like it in the world.
    Jessy0419

Answer by Jessy0419 at 7:48 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• With all of the stereotypes on gamers, and moms, it's like people don't realize they can be one in that same. I've been through the same thing, and some of the looks I get when people find out I'm a hardcore gamer...whew! Don't worry about. Like Jessy said, they're not really friends anyway.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 7:53 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• ppl uhh! i kknow this happened to me to i know this is a hard thing to face i lot of ppl are just like that they are jelous of you for haveing a family and some think you won't be able to party or do any of the things you did before so they let you go and it sucks but right now your gonna find out who your real friends are and who are shallow picecs of crap are so hold on hun it might get bumpy....
    but be proud of who you are an don't change just so someone will be your friend join a new game i play the west it's a good game.....
    kim168

Answer by kim168 at 7:59 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• you don't need ppl like that in your life! you can always count on me though! love ya!
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 7:59 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• They sound like they were immature and not to great of friends to begin with. Consider it a burden off your back.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 8:03 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• It's hard not to feel hurt. Same thing happened to me. I really have no friends especially since I moved from one side of town to the other to be with my hubby. You don't need them anyway. They really weren't your friends in the first place.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:18 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Don't feel bad. I got ailenated by my friends too when I was pregnant too *hugs*
    They act like we mutate in to some different type of species or something..It's pathetic.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 8:55 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Good question! But at such a young age, I can feel for you. Why are people so rude when it comes to a chick having a baby? It is a child not 20 kids running around. It should not change your family and friends. But it does and it sucks. Just go back to playing and hook with new xbox people. My son is so addicted to that xbox and he is 12. But we cut him off when he gets a bad grade. It is like the end of the world. Peace and my this xboxers take note having a baby is not the end of xbox for them. Then your baby will be playing too. How cute,that will run in your family no doubt...
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 9:10 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• thats rediculous of them! especially since they are only on xbox... how immature can people get!? my b/f plays on Live also and some of those people i just want to kick the crap out of hehe. dont worry about it... you've got the baby now, thats all ya need :) im sure there are other gamers who have kids... you'll meet some, dont stress over it or anything, thats just silly to let immature people get under your skin like that!
    MamaMakinMoney

Answer by MamaMakinMoney at 10:02 AM on Dec. 9, 2008