Iv gained how many pounds?! O.O

i went to the doctors last monday and they told me iv gained 24 pounds!!! :O the problem is i already weighed 186 before i got pregnant...so they got me to do the glucose testing thing....im guessing thats to check how my body handles sugars? and doesnt that test also tell you if you have diabetes? (thats the question sorry) i got my blood results back and the border line is 130...i was way down at 117 (thankfully) but im still worried that iv gained 24 pounds! O.O

edit****

i forgot to add im only going to be 30 weeks along tomorrow

Lizzypuppylove

Asked by Lizzypuppylove at 8:35 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Glucose is testing for gestational diabetes, yes.

You need to watch what you're eating and do some light exercises. Absolutely nothing strenuous. But, you really shouldn't gain more than 25 lbs during your entire pregnancy given what your weight is already. I would say even less than that, but 25 lbs should be a complete maximum.

How far along are you?
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 8:38 PM on May. 29, 2011

• How far a long are you?
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:38 PM on May. 29, 2011

• i forgot to add it to my post sorry >.<

ill be 30 weeks tomorrow
    Lizzypuppylove

Comment by Lizzypuppylove (original poster) at 8:39 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Aahh.. Eh. I gained most of my weight during the END of my pregnancy. Hrmm Momma. I don't have anything good to say, except just do what you can and eat super healthy.

Your weight not only presents possible risks to you, but to your baby as well. What has your doctor said about this?

Wish you luck.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 8:40 PM on May. 29, 2011

• all my doctor said was not to gain more then 30 pounds....cuz i do walk around A LOT lol since i dont have a car i kinda have to walk around XD
    Lizzypuppylove

Comment by Lizzypuppylove (original poster) at 8:41 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Yes!!! Eat alot of fruits and veggies!!! U will look great and feel good after your healthy baby arrives!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 8:42 PM on May. 29, 2011

• this is what i look like right now (i took this this morning)

this this is what i looked like before....its sadly the only full body picture i have(and yes there was a kid picking his nose behind me XD LOL)

Lizzypuppylove

Comment by Lizzypuppylove (original poster) at 8:51 PM on May. 29, 2011

• What size were you before you got pregnant? You don't look 186 in that picture.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 8:56 PM on May. 29, 2011

• i was a size 10 in that picture...iv only gone up 6 sizes

and im pretty tall(5'7") so i can carry weight pretty well i guess
    Lizzypuppylove

Comment by Lizzypuppylove (original poster) at 8:58 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Only? I am sorry OP but at your height the most you should weigh is 160. At 5'8 a woman is obese is she topples 200 lbs and at 5'5 it's roughly 180. See what I am saying? Regardless of how well you think you carry your weight, it's still putting unnecessary strain on your heart and body.

6 sizes is A LOT to gain.
    Anonymous