How do you feel about maternity pictures?

Are they a waste of time and money? I'd much rather have pictures of the baby...

Asked by mrsjon at 8:50 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Hang a solid colored sheet over a door and viola! I wouldn't do professional though.

Answer by cueballsmom at 9:02 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I did the monthly belly pictures. At first I didn't want to, but trust'll be glad you did later. I think they're really neat to have. I didn't have any professionally taken, but I hadn't thought of that at the time. I think it's a really nice idea. I think you should do it.

Answer by DMac08 at 9:02 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I like them....I mean of course if I have to choose between the two, obviously I would rather have pictures of my child but I think having pictures of your pregnancy are a beautiful and DH were going to take some cutsie professional maternity pictures but I've only got another 18 days to go so we're kind of running out of time and don't have the money right this minute lol...oh well

Answer by Lucky209 at 8:52 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I don't think they are a waste of time and money, they are a wonderful period in the life of a woman and I wish I would have gotten maternity pictures done.

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 8:54 PM on May. 29, 2011

• my boyfriend is actually trying to find a place where we can get some pregnancy pictures done of me...i dont really wanna take a picture because i feel icky all the time but he wants some to give to his parents and mine and some to show our son

Answer by Lizzypuppylove at 8:56 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I would rather take home pictures, they may not be as nice as professional but they are just as special and you can feel a lot more comfortable taking belly pictures. As for baby pictures, I have no problem spending the money having them done professionally, especially while they are little! And we plan on taking A TON of home pictures, seeing that this is our first baby!! :)

Answer by dbraz at 8:57 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I might get some if my hubby wants to

Answer by SamJ321 at 9:02 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I think they can be really beautiful & a great way to capture those special moments of mommy & daddy eagerly anticipating the baby's arrival. My daughter does photography in Sacramento & that is one of the most often requested shoots for her to do. Her husband does videography, so they have been doing some absolutely gorgeous packages that take a couple from dating, to engagement, to their wedding through their pregnancy & then baby & family pics. It is all put to sentimental songs picked by each couple & includes pictures as well as video clips. I don't think it's a waste of time or money at all.

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 9:49 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I think they are really cute but I like them more if you have an older child in them.. I with my first two I didnt really have the money to have them done so we did simple little ones at home..

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 10:05 PM on May. 29, 2011

• i dont like them at all!!!

Answer by t.dawkins89 at 8:56 PM on May. 29, 2011