How long is raw shirmp good for in the fridge?

I have a bag of shrimp that has been thawed for 3 days....( it was previously frozen) it is the kind that still has the shell on and still need to be peeled. I was going to cook it tonight if it is still good.

alotleft2do

Asked by alotleft2do at 8:55 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I'd say three days is a max. I only buy sea food fresh and then I use it that day. Never let it sit in the fridge that long.

If they smell fine I'd go ahead and use them... but DEFINITELY use them today. IMO!
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 8:58 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Oh, I don't know. :( Typically I thaw and eat it within 12 hours and would be leery if it were left for 3 days. Definitely do a sniff test before cooking if you are going to try and cook it really well (although it might affect the texture) just to kill any yick that might be lurking.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 9:00 PM on May. 29, 2011

• 3 days is probably OK, but when in doubt, throw it out.

Answer by Bmat at 9:04 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Shrimp generally turns a funny color when it needs to be thrown out. Check for that and do a smell check... should be fine though, imo. But then again... if you have to ask if it's still good, chances are you might wanna toss it. Just a rule of thumb, when in doubt, TOSS.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 9:05 PM on May. 29, 2011

• what color does it turn? just curious as to what I should look out for, so far it is just pink
    alotleft2do

Comment by alotleft2do (original poster) at 9:21 PM on May. 29, 2011

• i eat kosher, so i have no clue
    sorry
    here's a bump
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 10:51 PM on May. 29, 2011

• popcorn

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 11:46 PM on May. 30, 2011