THE ANTS ARE BACK! WHAT DO YOU USE TO

get rid of them? any home remedies or what do ya buy that works!? thnx....

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 9:17 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Home & Garden

• wash your floors & counters w/ white vinegar. I use half water, half white vinegar, with a splash of lemon juice. Ants don't like the white vinegar. If you see them on your walls wipe them down w/ the same stuff.

Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 9:19 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Terro Ant Bait for indoors and outdoors. Amazing stuff!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:20 PM on May. 29, 2011

• craziest thing in the world, i cant believe it works but it does. spread cinnamon around the areas you are having problems, windo seals and doors to keep them out and such. good luck i hate it when i have an ant infestation.
    2breath2live

Answer by 2breath2live at 9:33 PM on May. 29, 2011

• If it's a mound. You can boil a big pot of water and add dish detergent then pour it on the mount. The soap kills them as well as the boiling hot water.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 2:30 AM on May. 30, 2011

• I agree with Lynette....white vinegar does seem to help...we put white vinegar into a spray bottle and make kind of a barrier with it...spraying along base boards and any point of entry where ants might decide to come in....we don't have ants yet so it seems to be working...now if someone could tell me how to keep these damn flies out of my house lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 9:23 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I read in someone's group post and she said she uses Terro. She hasn't seen one ant since. You can get it at walmart or cvs.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 9:25 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I buy the Raid ant baits and I have a spray that I mix up that kills on contact ... vinegar, lemon juice and a little dish detergent. You should be able to smell the vinegar when you spray it.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:36 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I never had any success with the cinnamon, but IDK if it matters what type of ants you have. What helped with us was a fogger that we bought at Walmart. We initially bought it because our cat brought fleas into the house, but it got rid of our ants and we had a HUGE infestation. They were even in unopened packages of food. Now they're gone and I can eat without inspecting the package every time I go to prepare a meal.
    momofour09

Answer by momofour09 at 9:38 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I'm glad I found this post. I was looking for answers for our ant problem as well.
    Charizma77

Answer by Charizma77 at 9:42 PM on May. 29, 2011

• RAID
    RACINGMANIA

Answer by RACINGMANIA at 9:46 PM on May. 29, 2011