My Dh's cousin asked me to make a quilt...

Is it tacky to make her a quilt from a quilt kit, where the fabric is already together with the directions, or should I put more effort into it?

SeasideNative

Asked by SeasideNative at 9:25 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• It's totally up to you, but if it makes you feel better show her the kit and let her know you can be done quicker this way. Ask her if she minds if it comes from a kit.
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 10:12 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I've used quilt kits before- it's just a cheaper and easier way to make the quilt. There's nothing 'wrong' with it :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 2:18 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I don't think it's tacky. It's the thought that counts. I think she would feel lucky to have something handmade, even if it came from a kit. I know I would.
    Pale

Answer by Pale at 10:43 PM on May. 30, 2011

• My mom use to make baby quilts form kits. They were really cute, and always well received. If you find a kit that fits the room or purpose needed, there is no shame in speeding up the process with this kind of 'aid'.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 4:50 PM on May. 31, 2011