• In the Spotlight:

Fractured tibia?

My 18mo old has a spiral fracture of his tibia has this happened to anyone else's toddler? Just wondering how they did with their leg in a cast, he's a very active boy im so sad for him!

HollySebeck

Asked by HollySebeck at 9:31 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My D at 18 month had an incomplete fracture to her FEMUR! OMG we were terrified she was going to be in a Spica cast. She ended up in a toe to hip for a good 2 maybe 3 months. She was walking on it by day 2 o3. It never really slowed her down!! They never changes the cast because it would be to hard her. she would flail and re injure the leg. An adult mens tube sock works WONDERS to keep it clean when in messy situations. Bird baths on the floor, washing her hair with the sprayer over the sink... It took a while but we got into a routine.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:34 PM on May. 29, 2011

• My daughter fractured her radius in February. Although the doctor said it was the ulna. And people thumbs me down when I say doctors aren't as smart as they pretend to be. Anyway, she is also very active, and 8 years old. She is not a typical sit in front of the TV or video game. She was out on the trampoline a couple of days later, riding her bike and everything else she was doing before. She did well, even with the itching. I was surprised.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 9:37 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Thank you so much that makes me feel a little better! I feel awful that he has to go through this and I wasnt there to protect him! I know there is nothing I could have done he was going down the slide with Grandma and his leg got caught! He wont move much right now but it just happened a few hours ago hopefully the next couple days will get better! Thank you again!
    HollySebeck

Comment by HollySebeck (original poster) at 9:38 PM on May. 29, 2011

• BTW I say she was walking on it by day 2 or 3. The day she got the cast on she was crawling dragging it behind her!! There was going to be no stopping her. But like yours until it was stable in a cast she didn't move mush.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:42 PM on May. 29, 2011