What does it feel like to break a bone?

I have never broke a bone
okay okay, I fractured a toe, no treatment was done, they said I could use a cast but it would be more annoying than helpful, the toe will heal on it's on. Just don't put too much weight on it. So even though thats a fracture, it was my little toe, and it was from my dads brandy bottle, that thick glass bottle, half full landing on it from about 6 feet up. bascically crushed my toe, it was swollen, thats about it.

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 9:42 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Health

• It hurts like hell!! A fractured toe is a broken bone, so you know what it feels like. Just b/c it's not a long bone doesn't make it hurt any less.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:47 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I broke my foot and at first I thought I sprained it, until I put weight on it and IT HURT LIKE HELL! LOL Making a statement, not yelling, lol I had tears and I didn't even know it until someone pointed it out. I broke it at work and I was trying to be all tough :) My first and hopefully last break.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 9:47 PM on May. 29, 2011

• It is a kind of pain I can't describe. It is almost a pinching sharp pain when you move it where as a sprain is more of a throbbing stabbing sharp pain. lol. I am sure it is different for everyone depending on the breaks and the sprain....
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:57 PM on May. 29, 2011

• It is excruciating pain I fell in the house after I had my son, it was a true freak accident but I broke my tibula, fibula and high ankle. As soon as I fell the pain was unbearable, I was in so much pain I couldn't get off the floor my leg was hanging limp and it made me panic more, they wouldn't do surgery until the swelling went down so three days later I had my surgery it was so painful to lift my leg and they told me to let it hang to get the blood flowing but that was painful. It was a terrible experience I'm glad its over I still have pain in my leg they put a rod from ankle to calf and I have screws in the top of my ankle
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 10:06 PM on May. 29, 2011

• The "high ankle" is where the tibia and fibula connect via the tibiofibular ligament. You can't break your "high ankle", you can break your tibia and fibula at the ankle. Sorry you had to go thur that but... What the heck are doctors telling people these days???

Anonymous