Has anyone takin Blood pressure meds?

So I had pre-e with my son 4yrs ago.....Now i am 25weeks pregnant and have been batteing BP issues since week 12.......I am on propanolol 10mg 4x's daily, a half of a 25mg phenegrin 4x's daily, magnisum and riboflavin(All givin to me by OBGYN with colaboration of Neurologist when Blood pressure headaches was the diagnoses) My question is....Any other moms out here....been on this or are on this with me??? Anything I need to worry about etc.
THey say more than most likey I will be asked to deliver early for mine and the babies health. But we will see.

msmamakatie

Asked by msmamakatie at 10:12 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yep, just got put on a low dose of Methyldopa for blood pressure. This is baby no. 4 and I am 36 wks. I was scheduled to have a c-section at 37 1/2 (June 7) wks but my doctor is taking about maybe moving it forward to next week when I am just 37 wks. Will have to wait and see. I managed to stay of bp meds for my other pregnancies but I guess being older (I'm 40) they don't want to take any chances. How are you feeling? The bp meds make me drowsy.
    AussiemominUSA

Answer by AussiemominUSA at 10:28 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Oh mama I'm sorry that you're going through that! I had BP issues with both my girls because I've had BP issues in general since I was 17, but I wasn't on meds with either pregnancy. *hugs* I'm sure if your doctors are monitoring everything that closely everything is going to be okay.
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 7:01 AM on May. 30, 2011