Brazillian wax... adult content

I'd like to get a brazillian wax. DH is coming home within the next few weeks. When should I get it done? like a week prior to him coming home? also, are they discreet about it. am I covered up any or amI just laying there wide open?! Please tell me EVERYTHING I need to know!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• The first time that you get it done will be the most painful. Since hair grows in 3 stages, the first time will have 2/3 of the hair present. Take a tylenol about an hour before.

They don't cover you up at all. They will work in small sections and around the pubic bone (above the clitoris area) will be the most painful. The further back/down they go, the less it will hurt. Also if you opt to get the hair around your anus removed, it will not hurt at all.

Unlike what you think, it will not remove all the hair. There will still be a small amount of hair left that will be too short for the wax to remove. It will not be like the stubble from shaving. It will be softer and each time you get waxed, it will be less painful and quicker. If you want to continue getting waxed, go every 3-4 weeks.
    As for when to get it done, do it a couple days before he comes home. That way if you are tender from getting it done,cont.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:39 PM on May. 29, 2011

• The tenderness will be gone before he gets there.

If you are close to ovulation or your period, it will hurt worse. Hormones play into the pain factor.
    Jademom07

• Another thing. It's not like they stare at you or anything. When they do it, it's just another body part like your legs.

If they are good at what they do, they will keep up a conversation with you so you don't really even think about them looking at you.

Make sure that you research who does it. Any spa can do them but make sure that they are a licensed anesthetician.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:41 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Agreeing with all the posts above...I remember I was very sore and swollen for a few days!!! Goodluck and hope Hubby enjoys it!!
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 10:49 PM on May. 29, 2011

• They should cover you up. When ever I did one I always covered my clients and just uncovered the few inches I was working on at the time. Make sure to do it at least a week before Dh comes home as you will have 'trauma' to the area for about that long. Trauma sounds way harsher than it it really is, but with the new skin exposed your area will need to get a bit desensitized and you don't want to have to stop in the middle of something because you have rubbed new skin wrong.
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 11:22 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Make sure the spa you go to uses new wax with each client. Some that are cheap try and re-use the wax. The wax is not hot enough to kill off STD viruses like warts or herpes and will infect the next user.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:08 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Thanks so much!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:47 PM on May. 29, 2011

• A tip they told me when I get my eyebrows done is take Tylenol or Advil a couple of hours before ,and every couple hours after. It reduces redness and pain.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 2:10 PM on May. 30, 2011