Am I right to be annoyed to the point where I do not want to talk to dh because quite frankly my opinion does not matter anyway what I think

Today he leaves for his cabin to get tools to fix the car me and my daughter share. Also going on today was his buddies mil's retirement party.
7 hours goes buy and call dh's buddy to see if dh is at his house, just maybe dh stopped by there as he always does and forgets about time. His buddy tells me my dh was at the party all day and left an hour ago for the cabin.
My dh is always doing as he pleases and my say on things do not matter...he says they do so when I talk about my feelings he gets mad. so I just don't bother will talking to him when I am mad or just irritated. We do have rule about raising voices so there is never any fighting, we do talk but he just does not get my side of things.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• Oh. OH!!! He said he wasn't going to the party? He goes there for what? 6 hours or so? Comes home drunk??? Forget the no yelling agreement!!! What the hell kind of relationship is this? That he can't have any consideration for how you feel, your needs? He just goes on with his business, as he pleases. He's got this great 'no yelling' agreement, so he doesn't have to deal with a yelling wife. Ha!
    That's not an equal partnership. Not a good thing. No give and take. All take, take, take. On his part. You better get to taking before you blow up.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:42 AM on May. 30, 2011

• I would be pretty annoyed. If he wants to go to the party that's totally fine, but at least let me know..
    canelamami

Answer by canelamami at 10:52 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Have you sat him down and told him how angry he is making you? It's not healthy to hold in your anger so maybe you can let him know your thoughts, if that doesn't work some guys get a nudge from a "taste o their own medicine". I had to do that with my guy first then once he saw how it felt he decided to listen.
    chelcie_1

Answer by chelcie_1 at 11:06 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Yeah I feel your pain for ten years nothing I said mattered so I would ask him if he wants to know your opinion to let you know what it is and you will say it until then your opinion is your own then tell him what is going to change you want no yling but I am mad and its time you heard it we need to express our feelings. GL momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:14 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Sorry yelling lol
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:15 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I would be overly pissed. That would not fly with me. smh no no no no no
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:23 PM on May. 29, 2011

• did he tell you he wasn't going to go to the party? not sure what the issue is here.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:39 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Obviously, the car that you and your daughter share isn't on his list of priorities. Since he went to the party first, that's probably the only thing he was thinking about. I think you need marriage counseling.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:51 AM on May. 30, 2011

• wow was he sneaky or what. That would've pissed me off. My bf did something similar, lied and said he had to work late but it ended up he was going out to strip bars with his mil buddies instead and getting numbers from the bartender girls. Not to mention he was secretly meeting up with some other girl who he met that worked close to his job. Once I found out, I was livid and he said it's what all guys do. No it isn't. And it didn't stop there, he repeatedly did this in other similar ways. Sneaking off here and there. This is a huge red flag for you, dear. Trust is the center of a relationship & if a person cannot be trustworthy, then everything else starts to crumble. Set your boundaries right away and let him know you won't stand for this. If he continues to disrespect you, then he's not worth staying with. You deserve better and there *are* better guys out there. Hate to be a downer but i'm hoping to save u some heartache
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 1:54 AM on May. 30, 2011

• I'm surprised you're only "annoyed." Your feelings do matter. Good luck.
    LoveHerDad

Answer by LoveHerDad at 6:32 AM on May. 30, 2011