can anyone give me some advice on what might be able to help with a fussy baby???

my baby crys all the time and i dont kno what to do

mommyofisaac

Asked by mommyofisaac at 4:51 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is the king of fussing and the only thing that works is the "colic hold". Only your baby's doctor would know if its colic, but the colic hold helps me. Here's the link that may save your life,

http://womens-place.com/features/coliccures.php
    NuMommy87

Answer by NuMommy87 at 5:48 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I agree with the colic holds. Also try something called gripe water. It worked wonders with our son. Forget the gas drops. If it continues consult your doctor there may be something else going on
    Anonymous

• Gripe Water and Mylicon are great.
    Anonymous

• formula........ and the bottles - use dr browns is u havent.......... and I am on Nestle Good Start special cultures
    AJSMOMMY2008

Answer by AJSMOMMY2008 at 8:01 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Try the 5 S's:
    Swaddle-Swaddling is the cornerstone of calming. It gives nurturing touch, stops flailing, and focuses your baby's attention

Side - the side and stomach positions can calm your baby by switching his calming reflex on and his falling reflex (Moro) off

SHHH - You must shhh loudly for it to soothe your crying baby THIS one really works for my son.

Swinging - in your arms and side to side.

Sucking - Sucking calms babies by satisfying their hunger and by turning on their calming reflex

I find sometimes popping my son in his stroller or a carrier and going for a walk helps to distract him when he is fussy.
    Samantha675

Answer by Samantha675 at 8:54 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• My son liked when i vaccuumed. The sound soothed him. He also loved being held and loved to eat. So I held him and fed him any time he wanted. (called nursing on demand)
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:37 PM on Jul. 11, 2008