Do people really eat applesauce with pork chops???

I made pork chops for dinner tonight...I made mashed potatoes, string beans and sweet rolls to go with it...while I was cooking I thought about that old Brady Bunch episode "pork chops and applesauce" do people REALLY eat that together???? That sounds disgusting! lol

Asked by Lucky209 at 10:47 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Food & Drink

• We do sauce goes with everything :)

Answer by beckie66 at 10:48 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Yes. But, I opt to make cinnamon apples with brown sugar, cinnamon and a little butter and simmer the apples in a skillet and then pour them over the pork chops. It doesn't sound like it would be good but there was nothing left and I made extras.

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:49 PM on May. 29, 2011

• YES! They do. I like Jademomo7 's recipe! Or just plain applesauce.
    I though that was an old favorite?DOesn't everyone?

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:51 PM on May. 29, 2011

• When I was growing up we always had a big bowl of applesauce on pork chop night. We didn't eat it ON the chops, just always as part of the same meal.

Now one of my family's favorite meals is my Apple Stuffed Pork Loin. Mix two grated, tart apples with a few cups of stuffing, made with apple juice; roll stuffing into slit pork loin and tie with butcher twine; roast or rotisserie, basting with apple jelly in last half hour to form sweet apple glaze. Yum!!

Answer by KateDinVA at 10:56 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Yup.... my Dh loves that!

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:48 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I do pork with Apples and onions in the crock pot with it... That is GOOD!

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:48 PM on May. 29, 2011

• No, but I always remember on the Brady bunch the would have porckchops and applesause

Answer by 2ndtimewish at 10:50 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I don't but my dad does

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:50 PM on May. 29, 2011

• My husband marinades the pork chops for 2 days in apple juice then fries them, OMG! So delicious!

Answer by Kathy675 at 10:53 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I never used applesauce, but I make a mean pork roast flavored with sliced apples on top. You don't eat the apple, but the sweet compliments the meat.

Answer by Aneya at 10:54 PM on May. 29, 2011