What is your bedtime routine?

right now its bath and then tv and a snack and then its lay down and we watch some videos on my phone when she was a young toddler. she loves it. usually she tells me no more videos and nite nite time. it seems to work. anyone else have an unusual form of bedtime routine?

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 11:01 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Ours isn't unusual at all - we take a bath, pjs, read a couple books to both my 2 yo and 10 month old, then go upstairs and brush teeth, lay the 10 month old in her crib, then read 1-2 more books to my 2 yo in his bed, say good night to all his body parts (he loves this and worked well to teach him the lesser known body parts [eyebrows, cheeks, etc]), then turn out the lights and close his door.

Answer by missanc at 9:58 AM on May. 30, 2011

• dinner, bath, playtime and sometimes reading a book (depending on time i have i am a nursing student so sometimes its tough) and bed. My daughter goes to sleep watching a movie and my son just goes to sleep (yeah learned my lesson on the tv but i cant get my daughter out of it. i made the mistake when i felt bad for leaving her in her crib in the dark because i am scared of the dark. Someone should have smacked me upside the head lol)
    MamaHardy2008

Answer by MamaHardy2008 at 11:04 PM on May. 29, 2011

• id if it is unusual bt here it is
    after dinner:
    I let him play around for a couple hours, literally, then I read him some books, as many as his heart desires until we get thru them all, and then I just let him wind down. I can tell he is ready to pass out because he will come over to me or his dad to cuddle. That is when we change him into bed time clothes, or give him a bath, say we did something that day, and then we go to bed all together.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:05 PM on May. 29, 2011

• how old is your daughter? there is no tv in any of the rooms here only in the living room so i am going to try to keep her away from tv in the bedroom until she is old enough to put herself to bed.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 11:06 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Gail get off your high horse and stop answering the question the way you think its right. go away!
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 9:12 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Daily baths are unnecessary and can cause skin problems. Once or twice a week is better for the skin. There is no "safe" amount of TV viewing for toddlers. TV viewing before bed can cause sleep issues.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:32 PM on May. 30, 2011