My dog likes to catch and "hold".....

Anyone that runs. He usually will grab clothing, but will also grab upper arm or leg. he doesn't break skin, so I am wondering if I can translate this into guard training or if I need to stop it all together, cause he does it to the kids and scares them. He's only 8 weeks and we have started training him in other areas but this one I am unsure of. He will be roughly 30-40 lbs when full grown and I don't want an "attack" dog.

cueballsmom

Asked by cueballsmom at 11:05 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Pets

• I say teach him not to do this. With the children being there as well. what breed is it?? some dogs are more apt. to act like this. Take pup to an obedence class. They work wonders.
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 11:24 PM on May. 29, 2011

• bulldog/terrier. He looks like a bulldog but with the long legs.

cueballsmom

Comment by cueballsmom (original poster) at 11:29 PM on May. 29, 2011

• isnt it in their nature to be that way.....I would take him to puppy training classes
    jlfield

Answer by jlfield at 2:30 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Put some pennies in a coke can and every time he does it, shake the can and say NO in a stern voice. The noise will shock him into listening. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:17 AM on May. 30, 2011