Preemie formula

We're finding out that we have a strong chance of twins next pregnancy.It's mostly because our pregnancy with our son WAS twins,that and I have a very strong family history.
So I'm just putting out feelers for for information that might come in handy. I know that twins are often premature and while I know that you can breastfeed twins I prefer to only do it part time and not in public.
Getting to the point, If your kids used preemie formula which brands did you have the most success with,especially if they had a more sensitive tummy?

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 11:11 PM on May. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• My son was 3weeks early and he started with Enfemil Lipil, but then he Figured out he had colic, and we tried Enfemil Gentlease, that didn't work, so we then switched to Enfemil Nutramigen! And BINGO! Nutramigen was the winner!!!!!!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 11:19 PM on May. 29, 2011

• We did Nutramigen and Alumentum with our son. I didn't go into it expecting magic but like half a day later he was happy. The stuff is truly amazing.
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 11:22 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I used Similac Neosure with my preemie, and pumped. The NICU had me add powdered formula to the breastmilk at each feeding to boost caloric intake.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:25 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I know that babies around 34weeks generally get Elecare.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:12 AM on May. 30, 2011

• My son was 34 weeks, we did Neosure in the hospital and for about a month after he came home (he was in the NICU for a month), then we did the original Similiac until we realized he was allergic to milk, then we switched to Alimentium briefly, then to Isomal until he was off formula... he had a very sensitive stomach and the Isomil didn't really bother him...
    jess_merrick874

Answer by jess_merrick874 at 2:52 AM on May. 30, 2011

• My daughter was 3 months early; I pumped since she couldn't breast feed and we were advised by the nutritionist and the rest of the staff to supplement my breastmilk with Neosure because she needed the extra calories. At the time, it had to be special ordered. She never had any problem with it. We never switched to another formula; she went from breastmilk mixed w/formula to baby food/table food when the time was right.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 7:11 AM on May. 30, 2011