My son's dad

i am so mad about the situation with my 3yr old son's dad. he thinks it isn't his baby boy hasn't paid child support wants 2 sign over rights 2 him how do i prevent him from doing that? how can a man not want to put a child first there own flesh and blood? it makes me sick and hurt 4 my baby boy

MasonsMomm08

Asked by MasonsMomm08 at 11:29 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• He won't get him, trust me, unless you're unfit.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 11:31 PM on May. 29, 2011

• he doesn't want him he wants to sign over ALL HIS RIGHTS to him. he won't do a paternity and i don't have the money 4 any of the court stuff. my son has no other male figure in his life accept my dad and brother
    MasonsMomm08

Comment by MasonsMomm08 (original poster) at 11:33 PM on May. 29, 2011

• He can't sign over his rights unless YOU let him so don't worry, and kick some legal ass for child support.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 11:44 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Go sign up for cs from the state. THEY will MAKE him take the paternity test and pay the cs. He can't just sign a paper and get out of his responsibilities bc he doesn't want to be a dad!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:45 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I know there are some programs here in Canada where they will help get child support from the father if he wont pay. It costs nothing to the mother if they make under a certain amount of money. Maybe there is something like that where you are from. I couldn't hurt to go to the court house and ask. I know that one of the programs they have here will have the government pay you the money and then he will have to pay back the government and they will even suspend his license until they come to some sort of an agreement. It is worth checking into.
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 11:55 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Why don't you want him to sign over rights? I would not want a POS like that in my childs life.
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 12:04 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Let him sign over his rights! Why wouldn't you want that man out of your childs life?? If he has no interest in him then tell him to take a hike! And, just because he signs over rights, the Child support still has to be paid. My ex tried to sign over rights untl he realized that he'd still have to pay. Right now he owes me over $40,000 in child support. Once it hits $50,000 it's a federal matter and his butts going to jail!
    Say See Ya to the loser! Your child deserves better! You deserve better!
    shareleann

Answer by shareleann at 2:21 AM on May. 30, 2011

• A judge will not allow him to terminate his rights, he can't just "sign them over." File for child support and he will have the option of getting a DNA test before he has to start paying.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:47 PM on May. 30, 2011